Black & White

eml58

1Dx
Aug 26, 2012
Singapore
R1-7D said:
Here's four images from my stint in Italy. I love that country so much. I cannot wait to go back.

The Colosseum Image is absolutely spot on, I don't think I've seen it done quite like this before, emphasising the "window" lighting to the ground, really, well done.

I've taken a few zillion images of the Colosseum over the years and had not thought of this angle. And none of those pesky tourists to spoil the shot.

And I totally agree with your sentiment, Italy is definitely the sirens call, without the implied destruction, not many places on the planet with the ability to pull me back time after time, and often the same places as well.

Like your images of Venice as well, another place that stuns the mind, these days you need to pick more carefully when to be there, the amount of visitors now is a limiting factor unfortunately.

My family and I spent 6 weeks driving around Tuscany last December/January, if there's a Paradise on Earth, this is it.

Upvote 0
eml58 said:
R1-7D said:
Here's four images from my stint in Italy. I love that country so much. I cannot wait to go back.

The Colosseum Image is absolutely spot on, I don't think I've seen it done quite like this before, emphasising the "window" lighting to the ground, really, well done.

I've taken a few zillion images of the Colosseum over the years and had not thought of this angle. And none of those pesky tourists to spoil the shot.

And I totally agree with your sentiment, Italy is definitely the sirens call, without the implied destruction, not many places on the planet with the ability to pull me back time after time, and often the same places as well.

Like your images of Venice as well, another place that stuns the mind, these days you need to pick more carefully when to be there, the amount of visitors now is a limiting factor unfortunately.

My family and I spent 6 weeks driving around Tuscany last December/January, if there's a Paradise on Earth, this is it.

Thanks, eml58! That is very kind of you to say. The colosseum shot occurred just by pure chance -- I was passing by at the right time of day.

Tourists can be such a pain (and I say that as a frequent tourist of many places). I was lucky that the vast majority of the people near the colosseum were around the other side, and then by turning the photo B&W they almost disappear entirely in the background.

Six weeks driving around Tuscany sounds like heaven to me. I hope I get an opportunity like that some day. Post of shots up from your trip if you're able - I'd love to see them.

Thanks again for the nice comment.

Upvote 0

eml58

1Dx
Aug 26, 2012
Singapore
Tuscany winters day, sunny bright sky.

Fairly typical of the area throughout Tuscany, rolling hills, hilltop towns, winding roads that meander across the landscape.

In a word, Beautifull.

H6D 100 & HCD 100

3 File Pano stitched.

That makes a monster file that is relatively easy to process surprisingly, although changes do take a little time, but getting the original down to a file size that can be posted is a real pain.

Original Pano file size was 2.91GB

It doesn't take too much imagination to see Roman Legions tramping there way through this landscape.

Attachments

• Tuscany.jpg
    Tuscany.jpg
    440.6 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 0