Black & White

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Moraine Lake, Banff National Park, AlbertaView attachment 193873
What a remarkable scene. Must go there sometime.
If I could make a small criticism - the image appears to have been heavily / crudely sharpened or something. Maybe strong sharpening then reduced in output size ? Not sure but your other pictures that you post don't have this flaw.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
If I could make a small criticism - the image appears to have been heavily / crudely sharpened or something. Maybe strong sharpening then reduced in output size ? Not sure but your other pictures that you post don't have this flaw.
Well make sure you take elbow pads! Moraine Lake must be the most photographed spot in Canada. Some mornings there are literally hundreds of photographers there.

But the more interesting thing about DPC’s shot is Moraine Lake is famous for it’s staggering color, turning it B&W is a brave take on the subject.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

I quite agree with your observation about the quality of this picture. I took it 5 years ago. Not sure what I did but I may have overdone the sharpening. I would have preferred to return to the RAW file but I no longer have it. I'm more careful these days, or at least try to be. I do like the picture in terms of the composition but I don't think it would survive printing. I'll try a better shot if I ever manage to get back there. Privatebydesign is quite correct. The tourist load is extreme. That's why we haven't returned there since 2015. You can't even get a parking spot and trying to get a clear shot is a nightmare. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0