Butterflies, Moths and Assorted Insects...

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
I don't think this is the same like in your post. This one was really bright orange-golden on both sides. And it was pretty small. Maybe 2cm.
Mine was about the same size. It's not only you who's cropping pics. ;)

Even if they are not the same species, they look like the same family.
Take a look at the family hesperiidae. (I linked to the German wiki page, as I suppose you are German, too.)
Maybe yours is a thymelicus sylvestris. But this was just my try and error in searching the web.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Mine was about the same size. It's not only you who's cropping pics. ;)

Even if they are not the same species, they look like the same family.
Take a look at the family hesperiidae. (I linked to the German wiki page, as I suppose you are German, too.)
Maybe yours is a thymelicus sylvestris. But this was just my try and error in searching the web.
After viewing some pictures, it seems exactly to be Thymelicus sylvestris
Thanks for that! (y)

Actually I'm Austrian. You know, what divides us is the same language. (Karl Kraus) :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
After viewing some pictures, it seems exactly to be Thymelicus sylvestris
Thanks for that! (y)

Actually I'm Austrian. You know, what divides us is the same language. (Karl Kraus) :ROFLMAO:
Gern geschehen ;)
I like Austria and Austrians. And as long as we win in football and you in skiing nothing divides us :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
Winston Churchill (who was half American) said almost exactly the same thing about Britain and the United States.
Hi Steve, I think this quote exists in many variations.
Oscar Wilde wrote 1887 in “The Canterville Ghost”:
"Indeed, in many respects, she was quite English, and was an excellent example of the fact that we have really everything in common with America nowadays, except, of course, language."

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0