Can anyone tell me what camera Natalie Amrossi is holding in her picture?

wsmith96

Advancing Amateur
Aug 17, 2012
Texas
Hey all,
I was looking on canons learning site and reading up on their instructors when I noticed a camera, held by Natalie Amrossi,that didn’t look like a dslr but has a lens on it that looks like a 24-105. The link to the page is here https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/education/online-learning-photography-classes

Looks to big to be an m series and I don’t see an adapter on the lens. Wondering if this is an unintended preview of the new mirror less camera.

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi wsmith.
It looks a lot like a DSLR to me, very similar to my 7DII and not too far removed (with the exception of the serial plate being quite different) from the 20D I also looked at.
Could you elaborate on what makes you think it is not a DSLR please?

Cheers, Graham.

Attachments

• 6F3BBE3D-DAC6-4F0B-B0A6-05AE0B51F3A5.jpeg
    6F3BBE3D-DAC6-4F0B-B0A6-05AE0B51F3A5.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 211
Upvote 0

wsmith96

Advancing Amateur
Aug 17, 2012
Texas
Valvebounce said:
Hi wsmith.
It looks a lot like a DSLR to me, very similar to my 7DII and not too far removed (with the exception of the serial plate being quite different) from the 20D I also looked at.
Could you elaborate on what makes you think it is not a DSLR please?

Cheers, Graham.

I guess you are right. The camera body looked narrow to me in relation to her hand. Also, I didn’t see the slight bulge in the body where the mirror box is like there is on my 80d. I pulled out my 5D with the 24-105 on and the bottom of the camera is straight across like the one she’s holding.

At first glance the body width between the lens mount and the back looked narrow to me.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi wsmith.
No worries on the commotion, not the worst topic on here for sure, in fact it made me take a second look at my cameras! Also I did a quick google search and couldn’t find a single picture of the bottom of a Canon camera! I have to agree that it does look a little narrower than some bodies.

Cheers, Graham.

wsmith96 said:
Quick comparison. See how the bottom of the camera isn’t straight on the 60d (right) and 80d (top)? There is a slight curve out to accommodate the mirror box. He 5D, left, is straight across. Sorry for the commotion on this.

Upvote 0