Canon’s new instant cameras have leaked ahead of launch

I don't know what the Fuji Instax spec is, but f/2.2 for this seems impressive to me.

The Fuji cameras are f/2.4. But that doesn't really buy you much in low light. The jpgs produced by the camera show heavy-handed noise reduction and crude sharpening, presumably to overcome tiny-sensor captures that are very noisy.

I notice Fuji also makes a printer for cell phones.

With some hassle, you can import jpgs made on other cameras, or even from film scans (I've done it!) to the Fuji SQ10 (and I presume the SQ20 as well) and use it as an Instax printer. It will be interesting to see whether Canon will allow the same, and whether it will require jumping through as many hoops to get it to work well.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I wonder how many sheets this can hold and whether Canon is handling the software or just rebranding the Zink software. I have the Polaroid Zink printer (all the Zink printers are the same and just have rebranded software apparently) and really like it. It bluetooth pairs to smartphones and everyone loves it when we take pics and print out right away. My issue with the Polaroid software was it doesn't label the filters so it makes it really annoying to find the right filter for the pic. It wouldn't be such a problem if the color between the screen and printout matched but it doesn't. And that's the other main issue with the Zink printers: the colors don't particularly match well which kind of defeats the purpose of filters. Sometimes when we're doing group pics, we'll do a number of prints with different filters and then people pick.

Upvote 0