Canon Announces The PowerShot N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2012
Zlatko said:
EdB said:
LuCoOc said:
This is one of the ugliest cameras I've ever seen.

Actually, it's quite elegant.

I agree. It's an elegant design. People seem to dislike anything that doesn't meet their current personal needs for a camera, not realizing that it may meet someone else's needs quite nicely.

Yes, it will meet Gomer Pyle's needs on the andy griffith show quite nicely...he hadn't discovered camera phones either then and one has to admit this new schlep from Canon is marginally better than his pin hole camera...lets not criticize...lets celebreate this great novel thing that canon has done ....again ::)

Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2011
At first I thought it was a little ridiculous too. But thinking about it, it's a great match for today's younger generation. When it comes down to it, I'm glad Canon is spending some money and time on being creative and coming up with out of the box ideas. We need Canon to do well if we want more lenses and DSLR's, and this is showing me that Canon is trying to stay up with what is going on in this world. Only worry I have is the pricing, Canon has launched its new items at some ridiculously high prices. Maybe they will get smart with this one too.

Upvote 0

bonedaddy.p7

I Like Cheese
Jan 31, 2012
KY
www.flickr.com
I'm interested in something like this for small flip-cam type shots where I'd want a flip screen..but how far does the screen pivot? tripod mount? I guess I could stop being lazy and look it up, but for the money I'm hearing for this ($299) I could just buy a camcorder. I don't think I'd ever use a camera that doesn't have a dedicated shutter button outside of my phone.

edit: the screen only tilts 90 degrees...so it'd be useless as a youtube cam for when you want to film yourself. stopped reading after that.

Upvote 0
I'm curious what selling points will be used to differentiate this from the cameras that exist on smartphones. They went to great lengths to make this friendly to "smart-phone photographers," but what's really going to want to make them shell out a few hundred dollars for this? I'd argue that general photo quality has gone downhill over the past five years or so, especially with the plethora of filters applied haphazardly to photos in the first place. But I'm not sure that the average consumer cares enough about actual image quality to warrant having a second device.

Anyway, interesting camera. I love the design, just curious about who it's going to appeal to and if it will be a success.

Upvote 0
You know, this actually looks pretty good for my uses.

I've been considering an EOS M for a long time as a "spare" camera - something I'd carry around with me day-to-day when I don't have my SLR around. However, it's still too big to keep in my pocket, and assuming the PowerShot has decent-enough image quality (I mean come on, phone pictures are *awful*), then I might end up picking one up!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.