Canon Cinema EOS announcements today at 1PM EDT, and you can watch live

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon will be doing a live virtual press conference today where it is expected they will announce the Canon Cinema EOS C300 Mark III, CN 10×25 cine-servo lens and other new products for the professional video market.
You can watch live here.
Canon continues to monitor the global response surrounding the spread of COVID-19, the effects of which have impacted every aspect of our lives.
With respect to those working diligently to contain the effects of this virus, and those documenting the stories, and fulfilling the public’s need for news and information, Canon has decided to move forward with the introduction of new products and technologies that will continue to bring us the stories of triumph, hope, and humanity.
In an effort to share our product and technology introductions with our partners and customers, Canon will digitally stream our announcements...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
Apparently time zones are hard.

Edit: the countdown code on that page does not specify a timezone for the date string "April 20 2020 13:00:00", unintentionally causing the browser to use the user's own local timezone (appending "EDT" to the string would make it work as expected). Then the computation of days, hours etc. doesn't properly account for a negative time difference, resulting in "doubly wrong" numbers…

Last edited:
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 381342

Apparently time zones are hard.

They kinda are, it has to be done client side and the libraries for doing this are beyond garbage. It is also more often than not a issue that just never makes it into the design brief because managers assume that this is a out the box feature on every browser.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Nov 2, 2016
The news is that the R5 is not being announced today. But then, anyone who reads CR should have known that.
We don’t care, we want the info, and we want it now! I would think that far more people are waiting for the R5 than this. I’m not denigrating this, but I can’t see a single reason to not just dump the news now. We all know it’s coming. We all know the specs they did release. We all know the anticipated specs. It’s not an Osborn thing. Anyone waiting will still be waiting.

Upvote 0
Apr 1, 2016
We don’t care, we want the info, and we want it now! I would think that far more people are waiting for the R5 than this. I’m not denigrating this, but I can’t see a single reason to not just dump the news now. We all know it’s coming. We all know the specs they did release. We all know the anticipated specs. It’s not an Osborn thing. Anyone waiting will still be waiting.

With the rumoured release in July, an official announcement in May is much more likely (look at the parallel between 1DX III development announcement vs the release announcement). April -> July is too much time. Plus, this release is very big for the film/video crowd so deserves it's own announcement.

And the official R5 announcement with all the previews and first looks that come with it will be interesting enough with plenty of specs we don't know yet; there's loads of unknown stuff at this point.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

PureClassA

Canon since age 5. The A1
CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com
With the C5002 at $16k and the C200 at $6500, I'm guessing they hit the C300 in the sweet spot of $9999 USD. I think the C3002 hit at about $12-13k initially? DOnt recall. But that would now seem too close to the C5002. At that price point, I dont know why you wouldn't jump on the C5002 for $3-4K more. IBIS makes it tempting, plus this Dual Gain ISO sensor.

Upvote 0