Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM

Getting things back on track (in terms of photos), here's one result from my salty shoot the other day - it's a exposure blend of two bracketed shots as the sky was just too bright. This is Ross Witham Beach on Hutchinson Island, Florida. The beach, near Stuart, is named after the man who started the efforts to save the Sea Turtle. It was high tide, so shots of the sand were far & few between, but I got this one moment when the sun & sand came together. The turquoise water was a surprise as the water isn't normally this color this far north on the Florida peninsula:

FL_13842%2013849_DxO-1-XL.jpg

Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2011
mackguyver said:
Getting things back on track (in terms of photos), here's one result from my salty shoot the other day - it's a exposure blend of two bracketed shots as the sky was just too bright. This is Ross Witham Beach on Hutchinson Island, Florida. The beach, near Stuart, is named after the man who started the efforts to save the Sea Turtle. It was high tide, so shots of the sand were far & few between, but I got this one moment when the sun & sand came together. The turquoise water was a surprise as the water isn't normally this color this far north on the Florida peninsula:

FL_13842%2013849_DxO-1-XL.jpg

Nicely done. The cloud makes the photo more interesting

Upvote 0
Terrific shots dpc and Foxdude!

I've had this lens for three weeks now, but haven't really had time to use it yet beyond a few test shots due to some excessive business travel (with DSLR kit a home). Seeing your work here is really making me look forward to some time off and getting out into the field with my 6D and 16-35/4.

Upvote 0
bholliman said:
Terrific shots dpc and Foxdude!

I've had this lens for three weeks now, but haven't really had time to use it yet beyond a few test shots due to some excessive business travel (with DSLR kit a home). Seeing your work here is really making me look forward to some time off and getting out into the field with my 6D and 16-35/4.

Thanks! It's a great lens. Nice and sharp from centre to corner. It's the primary lens for my 5DII. I'm sure you'll love it. :)

Upvote 0

millan

Photography is a kind of magic...
Dec 7, 2012
Slovakia
mmartphoto.webnode.sk
My contribution to this thread. I never thought the IS would be so effective.
Exp. data:
Time: f35 mm, 1/3 s, F16, 5D MkIII, ISO 100, handheld.
Sheraton: f16, 1s(!), F8, 5D MkIII, ISO 800, handheld.

Attachments

• Time_1425.jpg
    Time_1425.jpg
    466.4 KB · Views: 265
  • Sheraton_1175.jpg
    Sheraton_1175.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 296
Upvote 0