2014 Street Machine Nationals, Du Quoin Illinois
Canon 6D

14508552156_833c37d160_c.jpg

14345421887_dcf289e21e_c.jpg

14528494721_15f4befa67_c.jpg

14530240524_8db47ba02d_c.jpg

14531657825_f8cf81cda4_c.jpg

Upvote 0
Bought this lens about a year ago. I took about 20 photos with it (wide open) and was extremely dissapointed with it. Not sharp enough! Then i went through this post two weeks ago and decided to try it again. Used it excusively for the weekend. I am sold. The soft focus wide open now a positive instead of a negative. Great bokeh. I took some really plain snapshots that came out with a pop that was not planned. Still playing with it, now actually planning some shots with it and it is (suprisingly) fast becoming a favorite. It is never too late to learn how to use a lens properly. Pin sharp lenses is not the be all and end all I believed them to be.

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
Bundu said:
Bought this lens about a year ago. I took about 20 photos with it (wide open) and was extremely dissapointed with it. Not sharp enough! Then i went through this post two weeks ago and decided to try it again. Used it excusively for the weekend. I am sold. The soft focus wide open now a positive instead of a negative. Great bokeh. I took some really plain snapshots that came out with a pop that was not planned. Still playing with it, now actually planning some shots with it and it is (suprisingly) fast becoming a favorite. It is never too late to learn how to use a lens properly. Pin sharp lenses is not the be all and end all I believed them to be.

How did you afma it?

Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
Bundu said:
Bundu said:
One of the photos that changed my mind. A simple snapshot without effort or design. Yet, to my mind/eyes it came out real nice.
This came out very soft and dark. Uploaded from a Samsung S5. Dont know what went wrong. Will post photos from computer in future.

On the contrary, Bundu, on my calibrated monitor, it looks great all around.

Upvote 0
A completely different use for this lens. We were camping near a waterhole in Botswana when we heard a lot of elephant around us. There was moonlight but too dark to see where they were exactly. Took photos in all directions to be able to see where they were. We were completely surrounded! Not great photos by any means, the focus was way off and handheld (F1.4, 0.6sec, iso 12800) but at least we could see in the dark!

Attachments

• Tuli-Botswana-1.jpg
    Tuli-Botswana-1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 273
  • Tuli-Botswana-2.jpg
    Tuli-Botswana-2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 286
Upvote 0
Upvote 0