Canon EOS 6D Mark II Has Begun Shipping

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
hbr said:
Hi Don,

In the EXIF data the lens data will not show that the teleconverter is attached as it does on my other bodies. But The Focal length will show 560mm instead of 400mm and the aperture will show f/8. Interestingly also is that since the teleconverter is not reporting back to the camera as the Canon model would, I can use all 45 of the focus points available at f/8 with this combo.

Cheers,
Brian
Mine arrived today....

First impression is that it seems like a toy beside the 7D2.....

The menus all seem to be intuitive, I will worry about the wifi and Bluetooth stuff later.

I like the tilt swivel screen and the touch interface makes changing settings better. It is hard to say which user interface is better, the 7D2 has better/nicer buttons knobs and switches, but the 6D touchscreen is really nice. Canon, if you are listening, PUT A TOUCHSCREEN ON THE 7D3!

AF system seems nice. A world better than the 6D, but not as good as the 7D2....

The goofy explanation that popped up on the screen every time you touched the mode dial can be turned off (YAY!)

to go take a few pictures!

Upvote 0

hbr

Oct 22, 2016
Don Haines said:
Mine arrived today....

The menus all seem to be intuitive, I will worry about the wifi and Bluetooth stuff later.

I like the tilt swivel screen and the touch interface makes changing settings better. It is hard to say which user interface is better, the 7D2 has better/nicer buttons knobs and switches, but the 6D touchscreen is really nice. Canon, if you are listening, PUT A TOUCHSCREEN ON THE 7D3!

AF system seems nice. A world better than the 6D, but not as good as the 7D2....

The goofy explanation that popped up on the screen every time you touched the mode dial can be turned off (YAY!)

I agree about it being like a toy against the 7D2 but wait until you see how much less noise you have, how easily the files clean up and actually being to shoot at high ISOs.

Congratulations on the purchase!

Brian

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
hbr said:
Don Haines said:
Mine arrived today....

I agree about it being like a toy against the 7D2 but wait until you see how much less noise you have, how easily the files clean up and actually being to shoot at high ISOs.

Congratulations on the purchase!

Brian
decided to be really stupid/brave.... shot this in a very dim room at ISO102400! First shot is an unprocessed crop, second shot is about 15 seconds worth of corrections in lightroom

Attachments

• IMG_0018.jpg
    IMG_0018.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0018-3.jpg
    IMG_0018-3.jpg
    461 KB · Views: 533
Upvote 0

hbr

Oct 22, 2016
Great shots, Don. I am surprised that it cleaned up so well.I have taken some shots that in my living room with no lights and they were impossible to correct in DPP. The better one can properly expose his shots the easier it is to clean up the noise. That is something I have to get better at.

Looks like the sensor is pretty good, wouldn't you agree?

Brian

P.S. Sorry I made you spend 2 grand. (Hee Hee Hee)
P.S.2 It is so nice to be able to shoot indoors without using a flash.

Upvote 0