Canon EOS 6D Mark II Has Begun Shipping

weixing said:
Sensor banding & amp glow?? I never seen them in my Canon. Anyway, good luck with your Nikon D750... make sure check your Nikon D750 shutter had been fixed if the serial number fall into the latest recall range.

Oh, so you ain't seen it, so it don't exist, right?

Shutters can be repaired. Sensor problems can't.

Have an adult day.

Upvote 0
Andreos said:
weixing said:
Sensor banding & amp glow?? I never seen them in my Canon. Anyway, good luck with your Nikon D750... make sure check your Nikon D750 shutter had been fixed if the serial number fall into the latest recall range.

Have an adult day.
Hi,
I didn't said that... I just said that I didn't see it in my Canon camera.

Also, are you sure the sensor had problem? The sensor performance didn't meet the expectation is not same as the sensor had a problem... it's just didn't meet your expectation.

Have a nice day.

Upvote 0

Talys

Canon R5
CR Pro
Feb 16, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Andreos said:
weixing said:

Have an adult day.

Actually, in the case of cameras, this is literally true. It isn't a problem for you, unless you experience it. :D

"Don't buy this camera because it will seize up and stop working in -50C weather" is a terrible proposition if you don't like travel and live in Florida. "Don't buy this camera because it's terrible at ISO 12,000" is meaningless all you shoot is birds. "Don't buy this camera because it doesn't shoot 4k video" isn't helpful for someone who only wants to shoot stills.

People usually don't make camera buying decisions based on aspects that are perfect OR terrible, if those are things they'll never do. Most people who actually use their cameras upgrade or buy new gear because there is some benefit in the type of things they like to shoot. The success or failure of a camera is usually what percentage of prospective buyers find that it's technically suitable at the price point that they're happy with. The likelihood of buying the next iteration is usually how happy they've been with the last.

I stick with Canon (which is my 3rd major brand over 30ish years, where I've invested in a pretty full range of interchangeable lens, by the way), not because of theoretical technical superiority, but because they're a pleasure to use and very dependable.

So if you encounter sensor banding with Canon cameras, you should stop buying them. It would be insane to do otherwise. But for people who never experience that, it really isn't a thing. I occasionally read about people complain about sensor banding on either Canons or Nikons. I'll even take you at your word that you've experienced it. But I've never had sensor banding in a bazillion photos over many, many cameras, so *shrug*.

Upvote 0
dak723 said:
that1guyy said:
Are people actually excited about this camera?

Why shouldn't they be? The 6D had excellent IQ, but many folks weren't happy with the AF. The improved AF along with articulating screen will be welcome to many. The IQ will be as good, too, so a lot to look forward to.

Oh, you must mean all that DR hysteria? If you aren't a 5 stop underexposer or a pixel peeper, then the DR would be of little concern, since the original 6D has plenty enough DR to take excellent pics.
-5Ev correction in camera and then +5Ev in Lightroom CC 3 minutes postprocessing..

Attachments

• received_1912013419065513.jpeg
    received_1912013419065513.jpeg
    63.2 KB · Views: 258
  • received_1912013452398843.jpeg
    received_1912013452398843.jpeg
    209.3 KB · Views: 525
Upvote 0
Point22 said:
dak723 said:
that1guyy said:

Why shouldn't they be? The 6D had excellent IQ, but many folks weren't happy with the AF. The improved AF along with articulating screen will be welcome to many. The IQ will be as good, too, so a lot to look forward to.

Oh, you must mean all that DR hysteria? If you aren't a 5 stop underexposer or a pixel peeper, then the DR would be of little concern, since the original 6D has plenty enough DR to take excellent pics.
-5Ev correction in camera and then +5Ev in Lightroom CC 3 minutes postprocessing..

Is this taken with 6D mk2?

Upvote 0
meho1a said:
Point22 said:
dak723 said:
that1guyy said:

Yes man 6D mark II + my PP :)

And this is ISO 25 600

Attachments

• received_1912013352398853.jpeg
    received_1912013352398853.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 510
Upvote 0
meho1a said:
Point22 said:
dak723 said:
that1guyy said:

+ local adjustments.. Is this no simple fot postprocessing but with skills everything goes ;)

Attachments

• received_1911849545748567.png
    received_1911849545748567.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 350
Upvote 0
Point22 said:
meho1a said:
Point22 said:
dak723 said:
that1guyy said:

+ local adjustments.. Is this no simple fot postprocessing but with skills everything goes ;)

I dont see myself ever pusing up the shadows for 5 stops.
Can you judge how it does for example at 2 stops in comparison to other cameras like 5D mk4 oc 80D?

Upvote 0
meho1a said:
Point22 said:
meho1a said:
Point22 said:
dak723 said:
that1guyy said:

I dont see myself ever pusing up the shadows for 5 stops.
Can you judge how it does for example at 2 stops in comparison to other cameras like 5D mk4 oc 80D?
2 stops?? So how 80D :) easily

Upvote 0
mahdi_mak2000 said:
Point22 said:
Two days with me :) ;)

how AF work with this tamron. plz dont tell me they have compatibility issue...
He has compatibility issue but with SP 70-200di VC USD and only in LiveView mode ( new firmware fixed this issue ) .. Same as 80D ( DPAF )
With 24-70 it is not problem ;)

Upvote 0

candyman

R6, R8, M6 II, M5
Sep 27, 2011
www.flickr.com
mahdi_mak2000 said:
Point22 said:

how AF work with this tamron. plz dont tell me they have compatibility issue...

I also confirm - no compatibility issue.
The AF outer focus points respond well.
However, it is not tested on the AF outer focus points with continuous shooting in AI servo on a fast moving subject. That was the real challenge for the Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 VC G1. I have to look into that.

Upvote 0

mnclayshooter

I love shooting - clay pigeons and photos!
Oct 28, 2013
Minnesota, USA
gts said:
mnclayshooter said:
Point22 said:

What is the little button right next to the shutter but in front of the dial on the top?

AF Area Selection Mode. Each time you press the button the AF area selection mode changes.

Got it, thanks. I tried about 3 different times yesterday to download the manual, and the transfer would stall and fail each time.

Upvote 0
Feb 28, 2013
I'm at work and my wife has text to say the 6D MKII has just arrived. First time Ive bought a camera on launch day but my 6D has been such a great camera and would have been greater with more AF points and the flippy screen for very low tripod shots that it was an easy decision for me especially as I already have the 5DS.

Tests tomorrow on the High Resolution CIPA chart.

Upvote 0

infared

Kodak Brownie!
Jul 19, 2011
Talys said:
that1guyy said:

Sure. I hope I can pick mine up tomorrow :) I ordered at a local shop, instead of online, which probably means I'll have to wait longer, but oh well.

Oh crap. I just realized, I have to fill out the form to make sure I get my free jacket & shirt. The jacket actually looks nice.
No DR improvement but you get a jacket AND a shirt. I AM IN!!!!! :)

Upvote 0