Canon has registered a new ILC camera with regulators

Aug 10, 2021
It is indeed a fact that those who spend their time on this forum criticising Canon's products and market decisions never seem to post any pictures.
Strange, isn't it? :unsure:
Once ,someone pointed this out and the probable troll claimed to have an impressive number of views on Flicker or some other photo sharing site, but my recollection is s/he didn't give the screen name so we could see...

Upvote 0
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it.” Ansel Adams
This is so right. I follow a couple of professional photographers that shoot the MotoGP races (and tests), and while I may have gear that's equivalent to what they have (R3, 200-400 lens), they are leagues beyond me.

And without knowing ahead, I wouldn't be able to say who uses what brand of camera - be it Nikon, Sony or Canon.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
This is so right. I follow a couple of professional photographers that shoot the MotoGP races (and tests), and while I may have gear that's equivalent to what they have (R3, 200-400 lens), they are leagues beyond me.

And without knowing ahead, I wouldn't be able to say who uses what brand of camera - be it Nikon, Sony or Canon.
At a workshop, the instructor told us how he prepared for his most recent shot of a fox with prey: for 2 months he went to the area in the morning and lied down with his camera between the hunting ground and the den. After a few weeks the fox stopped avoiding that new obstacle and started ignoring it.

For a hobbyist like me, it's hard to put in the time for that. I got close 3 years ago, I would go to the same pond each day after dropping of the kids at school to shoot damsels and dragons. After a month my sneaking skills had improved enough that I needed to bring the 180 macro instead of the 100-500 to get past 0.34x magnification :)
I very much plan to do the same this spring, but in a different location, the brambles where the damsels congregated have been cleared :(

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
At a workshop, the instructor told us how he prepared for his most recent shot of a fox with prey: for 2 months he went to the area in the morning and lied down with his camera between the hunting ground and the den. After a few weeks the fox stopped avoiding that new obstacle and started ignoring it.

For a hobbyist like me, it's hard to put in the time for that. I got close 3 years ago, I would go to the same pond each day after dropping of the kids at school to shoot damsels and dragons. After a month my sneaking skills had improved enough that I needed to bring the 180 macro instead of the 100-500 to get past 0.34x magnification :)
I very much plan to do the same this spring, but in a different location, the brambles where the damsels congregated have been cleared :(
I know what you're speaking about.
Many many years ago, I became interested in wildlife photography. I set off with my 560mm Telyt, went to the woods, fields and swamps, and saw nothing. Not a single mammal, bird, apart from some distant sparrows. Even though I had a motorized body (4 fps!) and a fast-focusing Telyt.
Slowly, very slowly, I learnt how to walk, to see, and modest success set in. In the following years, I improved my skills. I had lots of time to spare ,wasn`t married yet, nor did I have children. Things are different now, my wife shows no comprehension for roaming the woods in search of "quarry".
Yes, it's absolutely true, the camera remains a tool whose use we got to learn...

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Diko

7 fps...
Apr 27, 2011
Sofia, Bulgaria
Wasn't it supposed to be R5M2 now?

Although that being said in reality usually the flagship is first and then the lower models. Because there always exist a slight chance of cannibalizing some of the sales of the Big Brother.

Still kind of feel cheated because I've always believed that now in February the Japanese guys will come out with R5m2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

P-visie

EOS 5 - R5
CR Pro
Sep 14, 2020
Netherlands
www.p-visie.nl
Wasn't it supposed to be R5M2 now?

Although that being said in reality usually the flagship is first and then the lower models. Because there always exist a slight chance of cannibalizing some of the sales of the Big Brother.

Still kind of feel cheated because I've always believed that now in February the Japanese guys will come out with R5m2.
If true, this rumor will make you happy ;).

Upvote 0