Canon officially announces the Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
Thanks, that's good info.

"We accept payment via Apple Pay, PayPal & PayPal credit. We also accept payment via Google Pay on Android devices and apps only. Payments processed using such apps will be charged immediately (as opposed to when your order ships)."

Moral: it's good to be very aware of your bank statements, but you also need to be aware of the policies of the companies from whom you are making purchases.
A charge on Apple Pay is not due until the last day of the following month, so you are not out anything when the charge goes through unless the backordered item doesn't come in until after the due date.

Upvote 0

HenryL

EOS R3
CR Pro
Apr 1, 2020
A charge on Apple Pay is not due until the last day of the following month, so you are not out anything when the charge goes through unless the backordered item doesn't come in until after the due date.
Interesting. Are you referring to the Apple Card or Apple Pay? I don't have Apple's credit card, but I do use my Amex via Apple Pay and the charges are due on the Amex's regular due date, not the last day of the following month.

Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
Interesting. Are you referring to the Apple Card or Apple Pay? I don't have Apple's credit card, but I do use my Amex via Apple Pay and the charges are due on the Amex's regular due date, not the last day of the following month.
Yes, I should have said Apple Card via Apple Pay. They work so seamlessly together that I don't think of them separately any more. I used to use my American Airlines MasterCard with Apple Pay until I got the Apple Card. You make your Apple Card payments, view your charges, and get your cash rewards in the app.

Upvote 0

canonmike

EOS R6
CR Pro
Jan 5, 2013
Just a short FYI shipping update on Canon's RF 100mm macro lens. Placed pre-order for this lens and tripod collar with B&H on Jun 1, 2021. Just rec'd notification from BH that lens has shipped and my PayBoo card was charged. ETA to my home is Wed, Aug 18. Hooray for that. Maybe product backlogs are looking better?? Meanwhile, the tripod collar remains on backorder, even though they charged my CC for it, as well. In the future will order accessories separately to avoid this anomaly.

UPDATE: Lens arrived today, Aug 17, one day early.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0