Canon officially announces the Canon XF605 4K UHD Professional Camcorder

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
MELVILLE, NY, August 17, 2021 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced the launch of the XF605 4K UHD professional camcorder. The new XF-series professional camcorder comes equipped with a 1.0-inch CMOS sensor and the ability to record 4K/60p/4:2:2/10-bit/HDR video to dual onboard SD card slots. Equipped with Canon’s renowned Dual Pixel CMOS AF1, the XF605 achieves high-speed and high-accuracy focusing and is the first XF-series model to include Eye Detection AF, as well as improved face and head detection, enabling more accurate and stable tracking of subjects. The new camcorder also includes new video transmission functionality, making it an ideal tool for broadcast journalists.
Preorder the Canon XF605 $4499

Featuring a Canon L-Series lens with 15x zoom, 3-ring operation, a 1.0-inch CMOS sensor, and a DIGIC DV7 image processor, the XF605 allows for the capture of in-camera HDR video. Users...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

clearlyed

R5, R5c, C200, c500 and loads of glass
Apr 20, 2020
incolorstudios.com
Did anyone watch the full feature demo from canon Europe? The images from this camera look incredibly noisy. they even mentioned at they have a special gain boost mode but so many shots in the promo look terrible. I was excited about this camera but now I have some serious doubts.
Maybe I am missing something.

Upvote 0

AustrianGeek

EOS RP
Mar 21, 2021
Its a great sensor....
Maybe the new processor helps a bit. But moiré and aliasing is more of a problem due to the 1:1 pixel readout (compared to an oversampled 4K image from a higher resolution sensor). Its kind of a missed opportunity. A redesign of the sensor with a higher resolution would have been a great move from Canon. Especially as it will be the main model from Canon in this class for the next few years ...

Upvote 0
Mar 10, 2021
UHD is consumer distribution standard. It is widespread only because most TV are UHD, not 4K.
Most of those who used professional camcorders for shows, weddings, interviews and street news, already switched to Cinema, Lumix, and Co.
The pro camcorder market as we knew it is almost dead, and I do not see XF605 as real step forward. Just an incremental upgrade for a very small and shrinking niche.

Upvote 0