Canon Patent Application: Internal Zoom RF-S F4.0 lenses

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
This is a curious patent from Canon. These are without a doubt higher-end lenses and are certainly for APS-C and not for Super-35 or Canon Cinema. Canon specifically mentions that these types of lenses would be advantageous for video as the center of gravity doesn’t change. Fixed-length zoom lenses are known in which the overall

See full article...

Reactions: 2 users
Sep 20, 2020
I just got my 24-105 f/2.8 Z Lens a few days ago. I am not surprised they are making something for APS-C sensors, and won't be surprised for a RF-Z series of lenses. I think the new 70-200 f/2.8 will be a Z-Lens (sounds strange to say that because of Nikons Z-Mount). I think this is a step in the right direction for Canon and others will see this and start to follow (especially Sony as they come out with more global shutter sensors and the benefits of global shutter are a lot more for video).
I just wish Canon would give more camera support to the CN-E 18-80 f.4 IS or at least make an R7 C based on a faster R7 II.
If they do it like the R5 C then the R7 II would also support it.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

photofrankdzi

APS-C fan hopes for "L"- qualitiy - CANON-Lenses
Feb 13, 2023
I have been asking for fixed aperture RF-S zooms like these.
There EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS was pretty popular.
An RF-S 18-100 f/4 IS would make the most sense to me but I guess the other two make sense if there were an RF-S 11-20 f/4 IS to pair one of them with.
Yes! Please an RF-s 17-55 f2.8 ! if possible "L". I would buy one.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0