Canon Patent Application:

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
When we were first discussing the series of patent applications on motorized tilt-shift lenses for the RF mount, one of my musings was the ability to use this to automate stitching and various shooting at different shifts and tilts. It appears in this patent application that Canon had the same idea (if I gave it

See full article...

Reactions: 1 user

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
While I would still much prefer a 'normal' 200-ish mm 1:1 macro, a 70-ish mm automated tilt-shift lens with 1:1 or better magnification would be a serious competitor to the MP-E 65mm.

Having said that, the current TS-E135mm has a 1:2 magnification ratio already, if the TS-R keeps that, it will be very useful for dragonfly photography, especially if it can do the magic tilting without too much button pushing and screen swiping.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021
While I would still much prefer a 'normal' 200-ish mm 1:1 macro, a 70-ish mm automated tilt-shift lens with 1:1 or better magnification would be a serious competitor to the MP-E 65mm.

Having said that, the current TS-E135mm has a 1:2 magnification ratio already, if the TS-R keeps that, it will be very useful for dragonfly photography, especially if it can do the magic tilting without too much button pushing and screen swiping.
It would open a lot of possibilities for dragonflies.

Upvote 0
Apr 29, 2019
>> It would be that good especially when you consider these tilt-shift lenses are auto-focusing and the entire design is to be able hand-hold these lenses.

I still want a lens bracket on each new TS.
... a bracket which holds the front of the lens to make seamless shift stitch an easy task.

Fuji can do this, why not Canon?

Upvote 0