Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III Camera & Accessory USD Pricing

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
It’s being reported that the upcoming Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III will retail for $1299 USD at launch.</p>
<p><strong>Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III camera and accessory pricing.</strong></p>

<ul>
<li>PowerShot G1 X Mark III Camera $1299</li>
<li>Waterproof Case WP- DC56 $499</li>
<li>Lens Hood LH-DC110 $49</li>
<li>Soft Case PSC-6300 $99</li>
</ul>
<p>We expect the Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III to be announced some time in the next week.</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

Mar 25, 2011
And I thought my MK II was expensive at $799. I bought it versus the Sony RX III because a 3X Zoom was not what I wanted for a walk around camera.

$511 for my new SL2 is looking better and better. I bought a used 15-85 for it for $300.

The $1200 price astounds me. I know that the dual pixel sensors cost more, but not that much more.

Upvote 0
Does anybody seriously believe that price. To charge that amount of money the camera will have to be a quantum leap in improvement in so many areas it's not funny. When I also see talk of a rubbishly slow 24-70 f/5.6 lens, then either Canon is smoking crack or this pricing story is bogus. If it launches at that price it will die at that price, only die hard fan boys would shell out that amount IMO. I could believe $999, but there are a lot of good cameras for that money too.

Upvote 0

PureClassA

Canon since age 5. The A1
CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com
In a previous thread I said how excited I was about this camera.... $1299 ?!? Hell no. If this is indeed the correct price in the USA then for the first time I truly believe Canon has made an error unless there is something drastiv we have missed. I've got to assume that rumored price is not accurate... otherwise thats right off my list

Upvote 0
Ok but can we drop the negativity in the comment section below??

The camera will have a better screen and navigation than you will ever find on a Sony/fuji.
If the camera has the rumored 15-43mm F2-4 and aspherical elements lens,
It be on par sharpness wise with the Canon efm 15-45mm kit.
There will finally be a faster APS-C wide angle option, so replaces your efs 10-18mm and efm 11-22 ,
will be as fast as the 24mm F2.8 on a rebel dslr. And compared to the EFM 22 will be stabilized. And the lens will be faster than any other kit lens that is provided by the other mfg, so you can forget about the latest small 18-55mm F4-5.6 kitlens as well. Even if you had considers the 17-40mm L for your crop, this can replace everything. Next to that, while the lens is stuck, you do not have to worry all that much about dust and sensor cleaning.

So let me do the calculation for you:
EFM 15-45mm kit : 200$
EFS 10-18mm : 150$
EFS 24mm : 80$
EFM 22mm : 150$
EFM 11-22mm : 350$
EFS 18-55mm : 80$
EF 17-40mmL : 600$

Total: 1610$. That is a lot money to be saved!

Add that with a hotshot, lens IS, internal ND filter and leave shutter and some digital IS and you have a killer option.

Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
you are missing Canon EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4X from your list. There! the total savings is now, what $12,610?? bargain...

BasXcanon said:
Ok but can we drop the negativity in the comment section below??

The camera will have a better screen and navigation than you will ever find on a Sony/fuji.
If the camera has the rumored 15-43mm F2-4 and aspherical elements lens,
It be on par sharpness wise with the Canon efm 15-45mm kit.
There will finally be a faster APS-C wide angle option, so replaces your efs 10-18mm and efm 11-22 ,
will be as fast as the 24mm F2.8 on a rebel dslr. And compared to the EFM 22 will be stabilized. And the lens will be faster than any other kit lens that is provided by the other mfg, so you can forget about the latest small 18-55mm F4-5.6 kitlens as well. Even if you had considers the 17-40mm L for your crop, this can replace everything. Next to that, while the lens is stuck, you do not have to worry all that much about dust and sensor cleaning.

EFM 15-45mm kit : 200$
EFS 10-18mm : 150$
EFS 24mm : 80$
EFM 22mm : 150$
EFM 11-22mm : 350$
EFS 18-55mm : 80$
EF 17-40mmL : 600$

Total: 1610$. That is a lot money to be saved!

Add that with a hotshot, lens IS, internal ND filter and leave shutter and some digital IS and you have a killer option.

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
BasXcanon said:

Seems your math skills are ok, it's your logical skills that are woefully lacking.

Come on Neuro, those options are in the same vein,
it is just you being mad that this would be a better option than your beloved M6 + EFM 11-22mm

Upvote 0
1299 $ ? What is Canon smoking ? I would had payd up to 999$ if the camera was waaay better than the old model and better than the RX series too , but this price is insane . I don't care how good the camera will be. Canon , this it's not a FF or medium format compact camera !!! Now I'm waiting for a Panasonic LX 200 , hope it will arrive soon.

Upvote 0
BasXcanon said:
[...]

Leaf shutter with 1/500 or 1/1000 flash synchronization would be an interesting option worth hundreds of bucks for those who do flash photography.
And the optional waterproof case makes sense with a large sensor with good max aperture at the lower zoom end.

But 1299 is a big amount of money for giving away the flexibility to change lenses.

Motivates me to design some rain proof thingy for my SL2 with a printed lens hood bayonet to combine a filter + a transparent plastic bag - maybe with a 82 diameter UV filter - so I can use 11-22 ... 60 macro ... 2.0 100mm lenses!

Upvote 0