Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark III coming relatively soon [CR2]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Yes, PowerShot cameras still exist, though it’s an area Canon does appear to be as serious about anymore for obvious reasons. We’re getting a lot of small updates in the rare new G models.
The Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark III will be no different as far as how big of an update it will be over its predecessor.
Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark III Specifications:

20.1mp
DIGIC 8
4x zoom
4K @ 30p
FHD @ 120p

Does it feel familiar? It should, this is basically the PowerShot G7 X Mark III with a slower lens and a slightly smaller form factor.

Continue reading...

Jan 21, 2015
With Canon's new found processing powers, I hope to see future updates with more computational photography features. I will always prefer camera form factor to a phone or future implant or whatever worse is on the looming horizon.
And switch to using their own dual pixel sensors.

However, G9X being the lowest end of these cameras it is no surprise there isn't anything new.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

josephandrews222

Square Sensors + AI = Better Images
Jul 12, 2013
Midwest United States
And switch to using their own dual pixel sensors.

However, G9X being the lowest end of these cameras it is no surprise there isn't anything new.

...The G9X 'being the lowest end of these cameras' may be true, but only because it is the smallest and lightest of the bunch.

If the price was right I would buy one...it is truly pocketable.

Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
A friend and his wife are doing a river cruise in Europe next month. He doesn't want to take his DSLR. He knows that I travel with a G5X II, so he decided to buy one for the trip and then get together with me to help him learn how to use it. He has tried every source he can think of to buy one, with no luck. He is thinking about renting one for the trip. I told him I would be glad to loan him my G7X II or even my G5X II, since I am not going anywhere next month, but he is not comfortable with that.

Alternatively, he is thinking of buying a Lumix model that is readily available. The pros and cons of it relative to the Canon lie in the lens. It has a 15X superzoom, but is over two stops slower (depending upon focal length). I know that would be a bad choice for me, since for my travel pictures I need the speed and don't need telephoto beyond the Canon's 120mm. But I don't know that is true of him. I told him that whatever he decides, I'll be glad to help him before he travels. Obviously, I will be more help with a camera with which I have taken thousands of pictures than with one I have never seen before. And if he rents, he can always come over and we can use my camera for a photo outing (on campus or on the lake or just gardens and parks in my neighborhood, or all of the above.

Upvote 0