Canon R5 Settings for capturing Extreme (small, fast moving) Birds in Flight

JPAZ

If only I knew what I was doing.....
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2012
Southwest USA
Nice video. Will keep this in mind when and if I attempt BIF. Here's a perhaps silly question. Believe it or not, I have never made use of the Custom Modes on any of my cameras.

Could I, for example, use C1 for his recommended settings and then go back to my baseline settings under M without going through the menus? I think I could but want a little clarification.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2019
Nice video. Will keep this in mind when and if I attempt BIF. Here's a perhaps silly question. Believe it or not, I have never made use of the Custom Modes on any of my cameras.

Could I, for example, use C1 for his recommended settings and then go back to my baseline settings under M without going through the menus? I think I could but want a little clarification.

Thanks.
Yeah, I have C1 setup very much like Ron from the video has. I have not found settings that are not registered but there might be because my custom functions are not all the involved.

Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2019
Guess I wasn't clear...I thought (at first) this was a place for the birders here to post their pictures. Oh, well; the title is a lot clearer now!
Ah yeah I can see how that could have been seen as misleading based on the original title. I do try and follow the established structure of the site and I thought putting the thread in the Gear Talk section would help but that is not always clear if the reader is just looking at new threads.

I took both yours and @Nemorino feedback on board and applied the modification to the title to help clarify the content of the thread.

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0