Canon releases firmware v1.5.1 for the EOS R3

john1970

EOS R3
CR Pro
Dec 27, 2015
Northeastern US
I hope this firmware revisions fixes the issue that I was having with both R3 bodies in Alaska. On average of once a day the body would lock up and display BUSY. The only way to fix the issue was to shutdown and physically remove the battery from the camera. Not a complete failure, but definitely annoying to say the least.

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2016
Upvote 0
Went to a show in London a few months ago and when I was on the Canon stand was bemoaning the fact that newer cameras have options that I would expect on my R3 (pre-capture was one) and I asked when they thought firmware might be released to make them available. The answer I got was that they wouldn't be doing so as it was a Pro camera; and Pro's didn't need them as they always just "get the shot". Now I'm not a Pro, so not in a position to argue, but I would have thought that a Pro would want any tools available to ensure the best possible chance to "get the shot". Suspect the guy I was talking to didn't have a clue, I doubt it's Canon policy, but wasn't happy with the response.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Went to a show in London a few months ago and when I was on the Canon stand was bemoaning the fact that newer cameras have options that I would expect on my R3 (pre-capture was one) and I asked when they thought firmware might be released to make them available. The answer I got was that they wouldn't be doing so as it was a Pro camera; and Pro's didn't need them as they always just "get the shot". Now I'm not a Pro, so not in a position to argue, but I would have thought that a Pro would want any tools available to ensure the best possible chance to "get the shot". Suspect the guy I was talking to didn't have a clue, I doubt it's Canon policy, but wasn't happy with the response.
He is clueless, and I too hope it‘s not Canon’s policy.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0