Canon releases Q2 2021 financials, and exceeds expectations

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon has released its financials for Q2 of 2021, and things are better than the company expected. As you have previously heard, printer sales have been great because of people working from home. Demand for cameras has also exceeded expectations as people have picked up new hobbies during the pandemic. Canon has raised its forecasts for cameras shipped for the remainder of 2021.
There isn’t much in the way of easter eggs of information that I can find in the presentation material, but Canon has definitely been surprised by the demand for cameras and lenses and compared to the same quarter in 2020, Canon is performing extremely well.
Canon imaging presentation
Demand for cameras is growing steadily thanks to the strength of consumer spending in the United States and elsewhere, and the increasing number of people picking up cameras as a hobby and image expression as a new way of using time amid the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, we raised our outlook for the size of the global...

Continue reading...

So much for the, "Canon is really screwing everything up with the EF to RF move" crowd.
I still haven't stepped into RF yet, but I have to admit, the RF lenses they're producing are extremely desirable for me, and the adapter solution with a control ring or drop in filter system is a great way to breath life into some EF lenses. I'm not at all surprised that things are going well for them.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0