Canon RF 35mm f/1.4L USM video features

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The Canon RF 35mm f/1.4L USM has been our unicorn of lenses, it’s probably the most anticipated lens announcement in a long time from Canon. We reported last month that we’d finally get an official announcement this month or perhaps by mid-May, but you will have it mounted to your camera in the next couple

See full article...

We don't have a thorough breakdown of what that looks like at this time, and we don't want to interpret things incorrectly.
Glad that you're not taking wild guesses and not giving wrong information! Too many people on the internet do that...

If you do not know something, why make a post? This is a totally meaningless post.
"Slow news is better than no news". It will be meaningful for those who are desperately waiting for this lens!
However, these features will appear in more future Canon primes lenses.
Sound like there are a few Mkii versions coming in the next couple of years.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
May 30, 2017
Although I´m not in the market for this lens, I am hoping for a F1.2 aperture because the line-up will look like someone messed up :ROFLMAO:

85mm F1.2
50mm F1.2
35mm F1.4 :oops:

I´m always in favor of "corporate design" :)
Sony 35m f1.4 is 524g
Sigma 35mm f1.2 is 1090g.
Canon may think it is 2 markets and doesn't want to waste time to catch Nikon 35mf1.2.
They can release 1.4 first and release f1.2 after Nikon.
If Nikon didn't announce f1.2 last year, Canon may not change the plan.
The selling from Ef35mm f1.4 must be very great st that time!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
If you do not know something, why make a post? This is a totally meaningless post.
While I agree with you, that this is basically just clickbait, we have to accept that a site like this lives through clicks and exposure. And having nothing new to post for a few days is probably bad for traffic.
At least it's not another one of those "what we want in the upcoming R1" posts

Upvote 0
Feb 28, 2013
If it’s f1.4 then I can see Canon producing video centric lenses from 24mm to at least 85mm all at f1.4 (24,35,50,85mm)
Canon has the more expensive High End cinema lenses in the Sumire series but nothing consistent in the lower end so that could give them great mileage as the former f 1.4 EF lenses were commonly used for video. Although slightly slower they could also do a video centric version of the RF 135mm f1.8 to round out the set.

Upvote 0
I am hoping for a F1.2 aperture because the line-up will look like someone messed up

Wow, so I guess Canon lens designers have been "messed up" since 1976, when they introduced an 85/1.2 for the first time, joining the 55/1.2 they already had, and their fastest 35mm was only f/2. Or have they been "messed up" since 1998, when they finally introduced a 35/1.4 on the EF mount?

Or is the "mess up" here someone shooting their mouth off with no idea what they're talking about?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0