Canon RF 50mm F1.2L USM

Picked up the RF 50mm 1.2 yesterday. Here are just a few photos I took. Unfortunately it has been raining here. The lens retains all of the beautiful swirl bokeh of the EF 50 1.2 but adds sharpness like I have never seen on any other lens. And without the mirror box, the circles are not clipped. New favorite lens.

Reactions: 2 users

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
Picked up the RF 50mm 1.2 yesterday. Here are just a few photos I took. Unfortunately it has been raining here. The lens retains all of the beautiful swirl bokeh of the EF 50 1.2 but adds sharpness like I have never seen on any other lens. And without the mirror box, the circles are not clipped. New favorite lens.
What causes the cat's eye effect in the first shot, then?

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
Just got home from a soccer tournament my son and his team attended, I have only the RF50 which is less than ideal for soccer, but can get very close to the “around the goal” shots. I can’t show any pictures as it feature other people’s kids, but it demolished my 1dx2, I’ve shot in the same venue a few times previously with the 1dx and 1dx2 and they did not do fantastic. I counted the number of hits and it is 98% hit at f1.2! I’m blown away, and the focus is so dead on and they are so sharp! Wow!

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0