Canon RT compatible Yongnuo trigger and flash announced

A

AdamJ

Janbo Makimbo said:
The pictures look fake!!!

A crummy picture, maybe, but unlikely a fake. Guanchao Liang, quoted in the article, is Yongnuo's chief engineer, so the information is straight from the horse's mouth. Guanchao Liang seems like a nice guy - he takes the time to post helpful answers to people's queries on that website from time to time.

What amuses me is that they don't even bother to give this product a different name from Canon's!

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2010
Seems like an interesting product. I am hopeful they will release more flashes compatible with this system and the 622's as you can mount a flash on camera with the 622's. I have four 622's, two 580exII's, one YN565 and one YN-568 and they all behave well together for the most part provided batteries are all topped up.

I have been very impressed with YN products in general, I started with the 301P triggers back in 2008 and for the money they were decent for a hobbyist. PW's were the standard back then and still are depending who you talk to but there are numerous alternatives these days.

Upvote 0
RGF said:
wonder if they will really work, or only sort of work

I think flash & flash trigger is not really high tech anymore. Many companies are making compatible products for Canon and Nikon. I don't see why that won't work. The only concern is it QC. You know many China base companies' QC is not very good. Anyway, that's nice too see another choice for flash.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
This is good news.

Yongnuo's ST-E2 was actually superior to Canon's (rotating head, A-B:C compatibility, greater reach) but Canon crippled the 5DIII so it wouldn't work).

Before I switched to the 600 R-T, I had the the 622 Triggers and never had a problem with them. I was very impressed with the quality.

I'm liking that another third-party manufacturer (like Sigma) is adding the ability to update firmware, which will make it harder for Canon to pull another 5DIII stunt.

I agree, I wish they were offering a receiver. But then, I sold all my 580IIs so not much point for me now. I'll be interested in what their prices are. I wouldn't feel comfortable relying exclusively on Yongnuo strobes, but as a supplement or backup, I'd be very interested.

Upvote 0
Mt Spokane Photography said:
I thought that canon was encrypting the radio signal. Cracking the code is illegal in most countries in the world. If its not encrypted then emulating it might be OK. I do recall a bunch of Canon patents for the RT system.
I'd look for Canon to put a stop to it.

Cracking codes is illegal. However, that should be different stories for encryption.

Upvote 0