Problems with Yongnuo YN-600EX-RT on Eos R5

Good Morning!

I´m suffering from an problme with the Yongnuo YN-600EX-RT on the Eos R5.
My just 3 year old Speedlite 430EX III-RT has been ruined by an broken Eneloop battery. It leaked and seems to have ruined electronics inside.
I tried to use some of my older Yongnuo flashes.
This is not working properly in manual mode on the R5 or when customizing exposure on the R5. The Flash is used in E-TTL mode. The shots are massive underexposed. I tries it from f2 to f11 and 1/30 to 1/250s, Iso 100-400. Exposure is correct, when using aufo-Iso, but it will be raised to 4000 to get an well exposed shot.
If I use the flash in manual mode, it works. But it is difficult to use it for spontaneous shots at meeting with my girlfrieds or family.
I´ve updated Yongnuo firmware to 1.9.1 but had no effect on exposure.

Do you use this flash on the R5 too? Is there an problem solving solution for this behavior? Or do I´ve to get an newer speedlite?

Thanks
Daniela

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
Wouldn't hurt to try something newer. You seem familiar with your gear. I am sorry to hear that your batteries leaked and destroyed your Canon flash.

There is a responsive user group on facebook for Godox lights of all kinds. The R5 is a popular camera, and many users discuss using it with flash and strobe. It is called "Godox User Group." Private, but I was able to join within 24 hours.

Last edited:
Upvote 0