Canon Rumors Goes to Scotland

FEBS

Action Photography
CR Pro
Orc said:
Dumb question of the week: is that your carry-on bag or must you check it because of the weight?

From what I can see on the photo, the weight will be around 10kg excluding the tripod and ballhead. On most airlines you can go-on with carry-on bags till 12kg. The bataflae 18L is a small bag, so is not asking to much visibility. I mostly use the bataflae 26L but also the bataflae 32L as carry-on. Weight is then mostly above 12kg, more between 15 till 18kg. never had any problem as carry-on. I also have a Lowepro 500 AW, but that is looking much bigger then the bataflae 26L and I can't get the same gear inside the 500Aw compared to the 26L. The 500AW from the other hand is more comfy to wear then the 26L if you use it for more then a hour.

Upvote 0
In the last summer i was in Bothy Bridge and i had a suggestion from a birdwatchers' of the place.
When you are in the area of the Cairngorms, explore by car the road 9007 to the north (direction: Lochindorb lodge): you will find dozens of Red Grouse near the road and many other birds in the wet area around the lake!
Also near Aviemore you can see a lek of capercaillie
Good fun !
GP.Masserano from Italy

Upvote 0
FEBS said:
Orc said:
Dumb question of the week: is that your carry-on bag or must you check it because of the weight?

From what I can see on the photo, the weight will be around 10kg excluding the tripod and ballhead. On most airlines you can go-on with carry-on bags till 12kg. The bataflae 18L is a small bag, so is not asking to much visibility. I mostly use the bataflae 26L but also the bataflae 32L as carry-on. Weight is then mostly above 12kg, more between 15 till 18kg. never had any problem as carry-on. I also have a Lowepro 500 AW, but that is looking much bigger then the bataflae 26L and I can't get the same gear inside the 500Aw compared to the 26L. The 500AW from the other hand is more comfy to wear then the 26L if you use it for more then a hour.

Don't try it with Emirates, at least out of the UK. I regularly have my hand luggage weighed when I travel with them, and their limit is 7 kg. This is why I like jackets with big pockets….

Upvote 0

zim

CR Pro
Oct 18, 2011
Sporgon said:
Sashi said:
Hi All,
As a coincidence I was tempted in heading that way around the middle of next month. I had put it off as I got an impression the landscape was a bit dreary this time of year and September was better. Has anyone who has been there got any tips or suggestions on the matter?
Thanks

If you ask me Scotland's at its best at this time of the year: less midges.

+1000 :)

Upvote 0

FEBS

Action Photography
CR Pro
scotia said:
FEBS said:
Orc said:

Don't try it with Emirates, at least out of the UK. I regularly have my hand luggage weighed when I travel with them, and their limit is 7 kg. This is why I like jackets with big pockets….

Thanks for the advice. I will keep in mind.

Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2012
Sporgon said:
Canon Rumors said:
sanj said:
Whats the binocs for?

Birds and views from the top of hills/mountains.

Nah, don't believe him.

He's hoping to spot a 5Ds in the wild.

Ah ha. Did not think of that! He is always on the job...!!
Btw your humor is becoming better and better.

Upvote 0
Wow, envious. Scotland is my favorite place in the world. Spent 5 days on Skye in May 2013. One of the most gorgeous places on earth.

quiraing.jpg

neist.jpg

quiraing_path.jpg

Upvote 0
Feb 28, 2013
For such a small set of islands the United Kingdom has great scenery for landscape photography from the Shetlands to the Scilly Isles. Places like the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, North York Moors, Peak District, Snowdonia, Forest of Dean, Norfolk Broads, New Forest, Jurassic Coast in Dorset, Exmoor and my favorite Dartmoor.

Scotland at this time of year going into Spring and with sunrise & sunset still at reasonable times in the day will be great however be prepared for cold winds, rain and the possibility of snow or frost.

Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
thedman said:
Wow, envious. Scotland is my favorite place in the world. Spent 5 days on Skye in May 2013. One of the most gorgeous places on earth.

quiraing.jpg

neist.jpg

quiraing_path.jpg
These are phantastic! I reserve the right to ask you in the future where exactly in Scotland are these places ;D

EDIT: OK by looking at words quiraing and neist the place is revealed more or less. :)

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
DominoDude said:
I'd say: Don't miss a wonderful opportunity to bring home some mighty fine Islay whisky!
If you brought the Nikon, I would know exactly what item to ditch from the bag on the way home to fit a nice bottle of Bruichladdich Octomore, or an Ardbeg Uigeadail. ;)

Slàinte!

I have a bottle of Ardbeg Galileo waiting for me to bring home.

Upvote 0