5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Re: Canon Rumors Site & iOS 8 Issues

R1-7D said:
Sporgon said:
R1-7D said:
iOS 8 has a ton of bugs. I have been using it for most of the summer through my Developer Account. There were actually very few betas for this release...makes me wonder if they wanted to just get it out in time for the new phones.

Either way, Wifi is slow or doesn't connect, apps crash like crazy, and battery performance is a mess. Location Services keeps running in the background for system services too, which is strange.

iOS 8.0.1 which was released today is a mess too. The over-the-air update through the phone or iPad system preferences caused the devices to drop cellular reception and Touch ID capabilities.

Is there any way of re loading the previous iOS ?

Yes, there's three ways of fixing the issue:

1) I believe Apple is still pushing iOS 8.0.0 through iTunes. So, if you've updated to the newest version through Over The Air, then you can connect to your phone and have it restored to the old version.

2) You can manually download the 8.0.1 IPSW file from another source online. Check www.MacRumors.com in the iPhone forums for download links.

3) Similar to step 2. Find an iOS 7 IPSW file and restore through iTunes using the Option + Restore method.

Many thanks for info.

Upvote 0

Sporgon said:
R1-7D said:
Sporgon said:
R1-7D said:
iOS 8 has a ton of bugs. I have been using it for most of the summer through my Developer Account. There were actually very few betas for this release...makes me wonder if they wanted to just get it out in time for the new phones.

Either way, Wifi is slow or doesn't connect, apps crash like crazy, and battery performance is a mess. Location Services keeps running in the background for system services too, which is strange.

iOS 8.0.1 which was released today is a mess too. The over-the-air update through the phone or iPad system preferences caused the devices to drop cellular reception and Touch ID capabilities.

Is there any way of re loading the previous iOS ?

Yes, there's three ways of fixing the issue:

1) I believe Apple is still pushing iOS 8.0.0 through iTunes. So, if you've updated to the newest version through Over The Air, then you can connect to your phone and have it restored to the old version.

2) You can manually download the 8.0.1 IPSW file from another source online. Check www.MacRumors.com in the iPhone forums for download links.

3) Similar to step 2. Find an iOS 7 IPSW file and restore through iTunes using the Option + Restore method.

Many thanks for info.

Magic Lantern? ::)

Upvote 0

lycan said:
maybe your iphone is already in an iBendable state ;D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2767465/On-bend-er-Just-days-iPhone-6-Plus-launched-come-reports-bends-leave-pocket-long.html

While I'm not a fan of Apple the company, I've always felt that Apple's hardware was pretty impressive. The iPhone 6 (and 6+) are a huge departure from the normally great Apple hardware status quo. Steve is likely rolling in his grave. How embarassing. :-\

Upvote 0

Skywise said:
lycan said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2767465/On-bend-er-Just-days-iPhone-6-Plus-launched-come-reports-bends-leave-pocket-long.html

Hey, that's the new flexible screen technology!! ;D

Are you sure? I thought Apple use that technology on their 5S as well.

Upvote 0

cliffwang said:
Skywise said:
lycan said:

Hey, that's the new flexible screen technology!! ;D

Are you sure? I thought Apple use that technology on their 5S as well.
Hi,
Apple will said that this is a special feature of the iPhone 6+... you can bend the iPhone 6+ to fit your face contour... ha ha ha :p

Have a nice day.

Upvote 0

slclick said:
If this turns into an Apple bashing or fanboi lynching...........blurgh
1_Snickers.jpg

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada

Sporgon said:
slclick said:
If this turns into an Apple bashing or fanboi lynching...........blurgh

I'm definitely getting less DR since installing iOS 8 .........
You think you have problems...... I have a black rotary dial phone and I can't figure out how to download anything to it.....

Upvote 0