Canon T6s T6i vs Nikon D5500 Epic Shootout & Michael's Notes

Canon T6s - T6i vs D5500 Epic Shootout here: https://youtu.be/kMLApH63AgQ

Sorry Im so late getting this out, I was in Nepal for 5 weeks, but I thought I would give you guys some highlights and notes in addition to the shootout because a lot of my tests have evolved with this forums input. I watched the Camera Store's review of the T6s this morning, and disagree with his repeated comments about how "bulky" they are compared to the D5500. There is barely a difference most people won't notice unless they are side by side. I kinda get the vibe they are Nikon shooters.

There are lots of things that standout, but these are the major differences I saw:

Highlights-

T6i / T6s Strengths:
- Outstanding Focusing Systems both optically and live view tracking.
- Extreme Portrait ISOs look better color and sharpness wise. Ive done many portraits at 12800, and they look completely usable. (Ive seen a few reviews that say Nikon high ISO is better and I am not seeing that)
- Easier to use. Live view controls are better.
- Exposure preview appears to be more accurate
- Battery life performs much better than the published 440 shots
- Super deep JPEG burst buffer. You can shoot all day at 5fps

T6i - T6s Weaknesses:

- The Moire for video was terrible. Id be reluctant to recommend it for video work because of it. I think if this one issue was different, it would be a fantastic overall camera.
- Dynamic range is decent for 24 MP, but nothing close to D5500's

Nikon D5500- Strengths-
- Dynamic Range
- Video moire was much cleaner. I would recommend it for video use.

Nikon D5500- Weaknesses-
- Sports Focusing- As long as you stick to the center focusing squares you will be ok, not the outside squares.
- Live View Tracking not as smooth. No focus during burst in Live View (T6s Can)
- Seems to consistently overexpose 1/3 stop. Most images and videos are slightly brighter
- Need to exit live view to change aperture if you want a preview

Other Notes:

1. Something interesting I learned was that it appears Active D Lighting on the D5500 does not appear to work in video, where as T6s/T6i Auto Light Optimizer works for both stills and video. Canons' blacks always looked better at ISOs over 3200 regardless.

2. I also initially believed the T6s could be a 70D killer, but I no longer believe that, they are very different and there are reasons to buy one over the other. Im working on a shorter review for that.

Im happy to answer any questions you guys might have

Thanks again for your support

MM