Canon USA updates expected availability of the next allotment of Canon EOS R5 cameras

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
B&H Photo has sent emails to folks on their preorder list about the next shipment of the Canon EOS R5, and it matches what we have been told by Canadian retailers such as Downtown Camera.
It looks like we won’t get any more R5’s in large volumes until the end of October at the earliest.
From B&H Photo:
In our last email, we shared that Canon R5 preorders were very strong and Canon’s deliveries to US retailers have been extremely limited. We also promised to send regular updates. Since that note, we received an updated shipment schedule from Canon. Based on this latest information from Canon, we expect to ship your order before the end of October. Please note that this information could change if Canon updates its schedule.
Thanks Luke

Continue reading...

Dec 13, 2010
This is a travesty... I don’t get what actually happened with the release of the R5, but something did go horribly wrong .... absolute BS... I wouldn’t call it vapor ware, but I’m getting there ... reminds me of the release of some of the super tele primes some years back, I thought we were past that... guess not...

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
This is a travesty... I don’t get what actually happened with the release of the R5, but something did go horribly wrong .... absolute BS... I wouldn’t call it vapor ware, but I’m getting there ... reminds me of the release of some of the super tele primes some years back, I thought we were past that... guess not...

So you did order one? Just in time for deep winter!

Upvote 0

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
You sound as if you're blaming Canon for the slow rollout? I mean, the pandemic is a dynamic situation. What would you expect them to do exept to communicate the information they have available, and update you when this changes?

Of all actors disappointed with the speed of order fullfillment, you can bet Canon themselves are the most annoyed at being unable to properly sell their most hyped camera in a long while.

Reactions: 9 users
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
You sound as if you're blaming Canon for the slow rollout? I mean, the pandemic is a dynamic situation. What would you expect them to do exept to communicate the information they have available, and update you when this changes?

Of all actors disappointed with the speed of order fullfillment, you can bet Canon themselves are the most annoyed at being unable to properly sell their most hyped camera in a long while.

I'm sure that in Canon HQ many colorful metaphors (see: Star Trek IV) are being used.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Wow, talk about first world 'problems'...

Nobody here can't take freaking great pictures with or without an R5, get over it, and yourselves.

Or at the very least, won't take equally terrible ones with or without it. :D

I'd agree it's a first world problem, but it's still aggravating to have the delivery date of something you look forward to, repeatedly recede just as you get close to it. And this is a camera forum, so they're going to gripe here.

Look at it this way not one of these people is bitching about overheating and trying to figure out how to wreck their camera hacking it.

Upvote 0

cornieleous

5D4 + R5
Jul 13, 2020

Exactly. Taking this delay personally and making Canon into some villain is ridiculous. Of course, some people are always unhappy and critical. I wish they would start a camera company so I can bash them endlessly.

I had an R5 and had to exchange it, and now get to wait like everyone else. It's unfortunate but I still have my 5D4, it isn't that big a deal.

Upvote 0

Sibir Lupus

EOS M6 Mark II + EOS M200
Feb 4, 2015

Canon has been struggling with the pandemic just like every other technology manufacture. I work in I.T., and purchasing hardware has been a major mess since the pandemic started. Companies have been struggling to manufacture and restock supplies of laptops, printers, monitors, etc. The fact that Canon didn't push the release out by months shows that they are doing everything they can to bring these products to market. Are R5 supplies going to be limited and it take time for Canon to fulfill all of those preorders? Yes, and yes it will. Would it have been much worse for Canon to just push the launch out several months and EVERYONE have to wait? Yes, it would have. In the mean time, you can enjoy your EOS R a little longer :).

• Love
Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
Good for you guys with a another camera. But for someone like me, without any, this message is just disapointing. Easy as that.
At least you didn't say "devastating." In the meantime you can get an R or RP which will serve as a backup later. And you can use the lenses you don't have for your R5 yet. Or do have?

I am amazed that somebody with no camera is waiting on an R5. Usually, for this level of camera madness, a photographer has at least one, sometimes several on the shelf. Very interesting. Did you sell another camera to help pay for this one? I could see that as frustrating.

Could you borrow from a friend? Buy something used? Wow, it might be MONTHS!

BTW, welcome to CR! :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
Ok, so I wait. Maybe the virus will be gone by the time it gets here! Sometimes I think if I have to see one more mask, I'm going to vomit in mine! Street photography was bad enough with so many people looking at their bloody smartphones. And now they're doing it with masks! AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are all allowed to get a little NUTS during quasi-lockdown (in the privacy of our own home keyboards). I just gave y'all permission. Have at it!

• Haha
Upvote 0