Canon USA updates expected availability of the next allotment of Canon EOS R5 cameras

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
I was bummed when I read this thread yesterday till I got this.

Sometimes this can mean that a customer is getting somebody else's return. If you see that there are still none in stock on the product page, if it seems like you are the one lucky customer getting this camera, take extra care inspecting and testing every aspect of the body during your 30-day return period.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zim

CR Pro
Oct 18, 2011
Finally got the the R5 from the second round of releases. I'm waiting for the EF converter and spare batteries.
An off the wall observation- I would like to know how Canon gets those rubber coatings to fit perfectly on all those curves of the camera body and grip. Impressive!

View attachment 193116
Congrats! I'm more than a little jealous.
Really wish all those airshows you go to were open I can't wait to see what you get out that thing.
Will you stick with EF for now or are you tempted by the RF100-500?
Also interested in how you find battery life in that use case.
Anyway whatever you're subjects are in the meantime i hope you post some results and give us your thoughts (y)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I'm happy for you! Wow! Glad you got it. Now for a couple of photos? And a question: How does it feel in your had compared to the 5D---I swear, Canon didn't give much to the notion of mirror = smaller size. :)
It's close to my 5D IV but maybe a better feel for my large hands. Contours are different but very natural.

Upvote 0
Congrats! I'm more than a little jealous.
Really wish all those airshows you go to were open I can't wait to see what you get out that thing.
Will you stick with EF for now or are you tempted by the RF100-500?
Also interested in how you find battery life in that use case.
Anyway whatever you're subjects are in the meantime i hope you post some results and give us your thoughts (y)
I'm looking forward to trying it out at airshows! I'll carry the 5D IV body just in case things go sideways though. LOL
I'll probably stick to my EF 100-400L V II and 300L f2.8 for a while since it has proven to be really good. I have several EF
lenses, so selling all of them and going with RF would be a big dollar loss.
As far as battery life is concerned, I have a ton of batteries and use the battery grips for my 7D, 5D IV. and and 5DS but never had to change batteries.
IBIS and the LCD viewfinder add a Joker to the equation, so I'm getting another pair of Batteries for the R5. Running out of batteries or cards is the
ultime photographer fail!
There probably come a time that I transition from DSLRs and slowly convert to RF lenses, but the R5 needs to prove itself over the course of time.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I'm looking forward to trying it out at airshows! I'll carry the 5D IV body just in case things go sideways though. LOL
I'll probably stick to my EF 100-400L V II and 300L f2.8 for a while since it has proven to be really good. I have several EF
lenses, so selling all of them and going with RF would be a big dollar loss.
As far as battery life is concerned, I have a ton of batteries and use the battery grips for my 7D, 5D IV. and and 5DS but never had to change batteries.
IBIS and the LCD viewfinder add a Joker to the equation, so I'm getting another pair of Batteries for the R5. Running out of batteries or cards is the
ultime photographer fail!
There probably come a time that I transition from DSLRs and slowly convert to RF lenses, but the R5 needs to prove itself over the course of time.
I am finding the R5 so good with the 100-400mm II and other EF lenses that I am holding fire on RF until the dust settles. And, as I have mentioned elsewhere, for the first time ever I am getting far more shots than a CIPA rating and more thanI do from my 5DIV per charge.

Upvote 0