Canon W-E1 Wifi Accessory to be $40USD

IglooEater said:
East Wind Photography said:
IglooEater said:
Someone enlighten me... Exactly what use would this be on a camera with only one card slot? I understand the 7D II, but, if my memory serves me, the only other canon with dual slots including SD is the 5D iii.

Yes for it to be of use in ANY single slot camera, it has to have storage built in. I think it would be a poor choice to release this only for dual slot cameras. Storage is cheap and no reason not to include at least 32gb on board.

Aahhh now I see.. Built in storage. That's it. Thanks! :)

We assume this an SD device and not something small that attaches to the hotshoe. If its the latter then storage doesnt matter. :). More than likely it will be an SD device with a small amount of storage... In Canons usual way, one with realistic storage will probobly cost 200.00.

Upvote 0
How to keep the 7dm2 relevant for two more years or more??? Canon must include the W-E1 with 7Dm2, and unlock 4K recording. As Tokyo will be hosting the 2020 Olympics, makes sense to make a huge set of announcements for Professional sports photographers in late 2019, or 2020. Just even Japanese oyaji wanting to take photos of local athletes can help to prop up these sales of sports based DSLR. Crazy to see so many 50year and older demographic with 10k-20k of gear just shooting all the time. Its very common here in Japan.

Upvote 0
IglooEater said:
AE-1Burnham said:
I am hoping this could add GoPro like functionality to my 1Ds III..? Probably wont work with 1-series though....

I didn't think the 1ds iii even shot video... Is it magic-lanterned or something?

No no. No video with 1Ds III (!). Only still but it would be nice to have a capture function with preview wirelessly. Tethered works with Android tablet but not very smoothly. Would like a simple wifi function with full camera control, live preview and transfer ability, i.e. like the GoPro app.

Upvote 0
I just wonder what type of limitations will be placed on this for the price?

Canon Rumors said:
<p>We’re told that the price for the upcoming Canon W-E1 wifi accessory will be $40USD. No word on pricing in any other markets.</p>
<p>We hope to hear more about the upcoming firmware update for the EOS 7D Mark II.</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

Upvote 0