Cars cars cars (and some bikes)

Hey everyone new here! Some shots off my rebel t3 and 50mm 1.8 :) I'm still learning but loving the process!

Just picked up a canon 10-18 and it's so different to use than my 50, lol. Do you guys and gals think upgrading to a 70d body would influence my pictures enough to justify the purchase? I don't make money off my photos of course.

72T1a5d.jpg
l58NfWy.jpg
hVFbhsM.jpg
o3udV8H.jpg
sVt3UEw.jpg

Sorry if these are too big! I'm posting

Upvote 0
I've been told by a few just upgrading to a 70d from my t3, it won't necessarily be much better-- of course this doesn't apply to videos and the very nice autofocus. It's hard to find comparisons between the two since the t3 is so low on the totem pole.

I feel like the t3 is limiting me vs how a 70d would perform... But i don't know, that's why I'm here haha. Do you think instead of upgrading bodies I should try to improve my performance with my t3? Perhaps a 17-55 2.8 instead of my 10-18?

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi V8 Beast.
That could be because the Germans seem to be able to build their passion for driving in to the cars despite regulations and emissions requirements.
A few years ago I asked a German friend how they keep their unrestricted autobahn sections, he said no politician would dare to act to restrict them, they would not have a long career.
The Germans I have met love to drive fast, but they also understand lane discipline, unlike many over here that sit in the middle lane for the entire journey even when the left lane is empty! ::)

Cheers, Graham.

V8Beast said:
I love German cars :)

Upvote 0

IMG_0001

Amateur photon abductor
Nov 12, 2013
That is a funny read given recent history of a major german car manufacturer (that was depicted here)...
Valvebounce said:
Hi V8 Beast.
That could be because the Germans seem to be able to build their passion for driving in to the cars despite regulations and emissions requirements.

(...)

V8Beast said:

Upvote 0
Roo said:
V8Beast said:
Cool car. Even cooler house.

A very nice mid 30's Packard by the looks of it. Great work with all the images as usual V8 :)

Great eye, Roo! It's a 1936 Packard parked in front of a 1930s house. Here in the states, that as close to a historic home as you can find :)

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi IMG_0001.
I never said they were honest or not! ;D My understanding is that the cars would have passed emissions but in a higher tax bracket at least here in UK. No one can deny BMW as a drivers car.

Cheers, Graham.

IMG_0001 said:
That is a funny read given recent history of a major german car manufacturer (that was depicted here)...
Valvebounce said:
Hi V8 Beast.

(...)

V8Beast said:

Upvote 0

IMG_0001

Amateur photon abductor
Nov 12, 2013
Well, I agree that VW's problem is getting caught but honestly, I care more about THE problem.

Yet I
V8Beast said:
IMG_0001 said:

VW's problem isn't that they cheated the system. The problem is they got caught :)

Upvote 0

IMG_0001

Amateur photon abductor
Nov 12, 2013
I'm surprised to read that they would have past in another bracket. My understanding is that the emission control that were deactivated during normal driving caused up to 40 times more emissions for certain types of gases (NOx for one). That seems like quite a big difference compared to their claims.

Also, to me that is a big problem because they advertised themselves as a group who cared about emission control. But am I surprised, not really...

Valvebounce said:
Hi IMG_0001.
I never said they were honest or not! ;D My understanding is that the cars would have passed emissions but in a higher tax bracket at least here in UK. No one can deny BMW as a drivers car.

Cheers, Graham.

IMG_0001 said:
Valvebounce said:
Hi V8 Beast.

(...)

V8Beast said:

Upvote 0