Cars cars cars (and some bikes)

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Guy.
Before I saw the link I was going to say more petrol, one can always use more petrol!
A very nice model, thanks for sharing. The quality inspector at the factory I used to work at made a V8 about that scale, and then we watched in awe as he added fuel and started it, it revved beautifully and sounded awesome. Unfortunately it was before camera phones so no evidence to show.

Cheers, Graham.

GuyF said:
Since it's almost Christmas, what do you buy the petrolhead who has everything?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_STaG6Tu_Oo

Upvote 0

Roo

CR Pro
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
I recently got to do a stunt driving experience and hung around for the next session to get some shots. The only stunt you don't do yourself is driving on 2 wheels but the ramp to ramp, handbrake turn and 360 spins are are pretty straight forward with the instruction. My only problem was stalling it first time out - haven't driven a manual in a loong time...at least that's my excuse! ;D It's pretty well run and they also do V8 drives/rides, motorcycle training and Lambo/Ferrari drives at the same time.

Attachments

• Greens-Tuff.jpg
    Greens-Tuff.jpg
    876.4 KB · Views: 235
  • Stunt Driving (67 of 68).jpg
    Stunt Driving (67 of 68).jpg
    730.2 KB · Views: 225
  • Stunt Driving (62 of 68).jpg
    Stunt Driving (62 of 68).jpg
    783.1 KB · Views: 229
  • Stunt Driving (41 of 68).jpg
    Stunt Driving (41 of 68).jpg
    845.5 KB · Views: 229
  • Stunt Driving (53 of 68).jpg
    Stunt Driving (53 of 68).jpg
    714.4 KB · Views: 233
  • Stunt Driving (32 of 68).jpg
    Stunt Driving (32 of 68).jpg
    966.6 KB · Views: 218
  • Stunt Driving (20 of 68).jpg
    Stunt Driving (20 of 68).jpg
    867.5 KB · Views: 241
Upvote 0
Roo said:
I recently got to do a stunt driving experience and hung around for the next session to get some shots. The only stunt you don't do yourself is driving on 2 wheels but the ramp to ramp, handbrake turn and 360 spins are are pretty straight forward with the instruction. My only problem was stalling it first time out - haven't driven a manual in a loong time...at least that's my excuse! ;D It's pretty well run and they also do V8 drives/rides, motorcycle training and Lambo/Ferrari drives at the same time.

Gotta love Australia. The lawyers would never allow something like the ramp-to-ramp here in the U.S. How do I get a visa? LOL :D

Upvote 0

Roo

CR Pro
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
V8Beast said:
Roo said:

Gotta love Australia. The lawyers would never allow something like the ramp-to-ramp here in the U.S. How do I get a visa? LOL :D

LOL The US lawyers still remember that failed stunt with the rocket powered brick on wheels from the 70s...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEyJxcjhGoo

Upvote 0
May 26, 2012
Roo said:
LOL The US lawyers still remember that failed stunt with the rocket powered brick on wheels from the 70s...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEyJxcjhGoo

Yup, when your hat is larger than the wings on your car/plane/rocket/thing, you know that diploma in aerodynamics you bought from the internet ain't worth a dime.

Upvote 0

IMG_0001

Amateur photon abductor
Nov 12, 2013
This looks genuinely entertaining!

And to quote a well know petrolhead: 'How hard can it be?'.

Cheers

Roo said:

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi matthias.
Welcome to the forum.
Very nice series of shots, there are a few ways to upload a picture, I use the bbcode option from Flickr, others add as attachment, there is a size limit on uploaded, I believe there is a minimum number of posts before you can start a thread so there may be a minimum number of posts before you are allowed to upload, this is due to scammers and spammers having been here a few times recently.

Cheers, Graham.

matthias said:
My first post here, but somehow I can't upload a picture.
Here is the link to a couple of pictures taken at the Bodensee Klassik 2016 in Austria with my 6D and the 135 mm:

https://matthiasnester.smugmug.com/Bodensee-Klassik-2016/

Upvote 0
Valvebounce said:
Hi matthias.
Welcome to the forum.
Very nice series of shots, there are a few ways to upload a picture, I use the bbcode option from Flickr, others add as attachment, there is a size limit on uploaded, I believe there is a minimum number of posts before you can start a thread so there may be a minimum number of posts before you are allowed to upload, this is due to scammers and spammers having been here a few times recently.

Cheers, Graham.

Thanks for the information, Graham :)

Upvote 0
My apologies for posting so many pics, but this is the most incredible car I've ever seen and I can hardly contain my excitement :)

Attachments

• 08.JPG
    08.JPG
    292.7 KB · Views: 198
  • 07.JPG
    07.JPG
    285.7 KB · Views: 201
  • 06.JPG
    06.JPG
    259.8 KB · Views: 210
  • 05.JPG
    05.JPG