Cars cars cars (and some bikes)

Roo

CR Pro
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
Roo,
Thank you.
You're very knowledgeable with cars!
I know little of cars, but know these were extraordinary. And they were vintage and rare belonging to owners that care greatly and lovingly of these machines.
I just like the forms of some.
Interesting thing of the Scarab, there are two doors, one on each side and it seats four in the back. A stretched limousine of its day. Also, a couple of cars had no exposed door handle, a forebearer of Tesla.
To have this collection shown in a small city here is quite unusual, but allow us an enjoyment.
-r

Whomever curated that show did a good job with the interesting and iconic cars and bikes selected and even better that they took it to a small city. It's one thing to see them in a photo but quite often the images don't do them justice with their intricate details and general presence.

I see there also looks to be a coffin nose Cord and an Avanti there too - both very iconic. I did have to look up the Crocker motorcycles as I wasn't aware of them. The Scarab was very interesting for a number of reasons (some firsts for any car) but it was just way too expensive at the time .

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Cool shots, Roo.
d055.gif

Upvote 0