coverage of EF lenses

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
This is the first Christmas for my GFX 100S, so time to get it a present. Santa (OK, FedEx) delivered a Fringer EF adaptor for the 100S this morning. Naturally, I wanted to try it out. It was a little difficult to get it to mount on the camera, hard to turn all the way. It had been sitting on the porch in 24º weather, so maybe some metal contraction.
I first mounted the 10mm f/2.8 macro. I switched the camera out of 35mm mode, and still saw no obvious vignetting. Autofocus was not good, so I shot manual, which is what I would do with this lens most of the time anyway. At 1:1 I couldn't hold it steady enough for the IBIS to do enough, but I could tell that this combination will be fine on a tripod for macro work.

Next I tried the EF 16–35 L f/4. Rather that going out into the cold, I went into the guest room at the front of the house where I have my Christmas tree. Zoomed into 35mm there was very little vignetting. But I mostly wanted to try 16mm, more or less equivalent to 13mm. As you can see, the coverage is less, but there is still a lot of image. You see my feet and the tip of the light fixture on the 10-foot ceiling. Other than the JPEG conversion, I did very little to the picture, so the vignette is as you see it. Autofocus and exposure seemed to work great. The GF 20–35mm is on order, so I shouldn't need to adapt this lens very often in a month or so. I am guessing that the EF 100–400mm L could be useful on this camera, especially since I have no immediate plans to buy any Fuji lenses longer than the 35–70mm I have.

FUJI0895.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
nice experiment, thanks for sharing! You can edit your post if there's a typo...
Thanks. I know that but just didn’t bother.

BTW, I now have the GF 20–35mm lens. It is exceptional. I can’t think of a use for the excellent EF 16–35mm on either camera any more, but am not inclined to sell it just yet. The EF 100–400mm works great on both bodies and will serve my telephoto needs for the foreseeable future. I can crop out corners manually, or I can use the 35mm mode on the 100S for the same format but more pixels. On a photo excursion I could see using both bodies with the telephoto left on the Canon.

Upvote 0