CP+ 2022 Cancels Pacifico Yokohama venue

With the rapid spread of the COVID-19 Omicron variant, CP+ 2022 has decided to cancel the in-person venue, and move entirely online.   This really is no surprise – I personally canceled my hotel reservations in early January because I didn’t think it was going to be possible to go to Japan for CP+ this year. See you all next year I hope.

The press release (machine translated)
CP+2022 Pacifico Yokohama venue event cancellation
The Camera & Imaging Products Association (CIPA: Chairman Shigeki Ishizuka), a CP that was scheduled to be held for four days from February 24th.+2022 Pacifico Yokohama Venue Event has been canceled and it has been decided to hold it online alone.
CP+2022 is an event to be held in the Corona disaster, with “safety and security of visitors and exhibitors” as the most important matter, and on the premise of taking thorough safety measures, we aimed to hold a hybrid between the Pacifico Yokohama venue and online. We have been preparing.
However, due to the rapid...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2011
I hope this thing is behind us next year. I check the local cases is our County about once a week. We lag much of the country because we are isolated by 300 miles from Seattle and a lot further to much population in all other directions. Lower population density delayed the appearance of Omicron here by almost a month. It is dropping off quickly in the last week or 10 days.

covid 2-8-22.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

entoman

wildlife photography
May 8, 2015
UK
I hope this thing is behind us next year. I check the local cases is our County about once a week. We lag much of the country because we are isolated by 300 miles from Seattle and a lot further to much population in all other directions. Lower population density delayed the appearance of Omicron here by almost a month. It is dropping off quickly in the last week or 10 days.

View attachment 202445
Yes indeed, we all hope Covid is behind us, but it seems extremely unlikely.

It's fair enough, IMO, that the richer nations vaccinate their own tax-payers first - after all, the primary role of any government is to protect its own people.

But in poorer countries, vaccination levels are still very low (for a variety of reasons), and while that remains the case, new mutations will constantly arise.

We've been very lucky that Omicron has turned out to be less harmful than Delta, but it's quite possible that the next variant to sweep the world could be devastating.

Upvote 0