D4S Specs confirmed.

Adorama just dropped the ball:

d4sadorama_1.jpg

Jan 29, 2011
If this is correct it is really good news, it is a real MkII, wonder why they didn't call it a D5? Maybe they are going to come out with a D4X too.

That does put a bit more pressure on Canon to think about a 1DX replacement, and that is the camera I have been waiting for to replace my 1Ds MkIII's. 24MP, the fps, high iso capabilities, and modern AF, that is what I have wanted in a 1 series upgrade for a long time.

Upvote 0

BL

Great gear is good. Good technique is better.
Jan 3, 2011
Harry Muff said:
Adorama just dropped the ball:

Not necessarily. It's not that uncommon for retailers post incorrect specs for products yet anounced.

For what it's worth, you have more confidence in these spec than the Nikon Rumors admin ;D

http://nikonrumors.com/2014/02/12/nikon-d4s-listed-at-adorama-as-a-24mp-camera.aspx/

[quote author=Nikon Rumors Admin]
I still believe the D4s will be a 16MP camera as I previously reported. I think Adorama made a mistake in their listing.[/quote]

Upvote 0
Jul 20, 2010
dilbert said:
Given that CR and NL both questioned the legitimacy of the G1XII image with the external EVF, I'm wondering about how good the "fake" detection is in various people.

Yes, but NL guy was the one who first started analyzing the leak images in great detail. Based on previous postings, NL is not quite reliable. Anyway, it's a lesson for the administrator.

Let's just say CR administrator is too easily swayed. :D

On the other hand, NR rarely gets it wrong though. I am also inclined to believe NR because one does not jump from 16 MP to 24 MP and still call the camera D4s.

Upvote 0
L

Lightmaster

neuroanatomist said:
Harry Muff said:
Adorama isn't a rumour site. They won't write anything unless they've got something to write.

So, is the Adorama page still up?

well to be honest that could be because they violate NDA or nikon asked them to remove it.
not necessarily because it´s wrong.

thought as i said, i too think it IS wrong. :)

Upvote 0
I think the "S" version is supposed to be only a minor upgrade over the regular D# version. And based on what I've read on NR, the D4s is expected to have a one-stop improvements in high ISO. Doubt they will implement 24 megapixels, improved ISO and 11 fps in the D4s. We'll see soon. Anyway, the better Nikon is doing, the better it's for us, Canon shooters (to some extent, though) :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Upvote 0