DDOS Attack Takes Down Russian Source of Canon Pre-Release Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
In response to the Crimean Anschluss, Russia's GDP fell 35% from 2013 levels. Even today, the GDP is still 25% below 2013 levels.

And the current sanctions are FAR worse than 2014.

Given that Russia hasn't recovered yet from sanctions placed eight years ago, only a retard would blithely predict recovery is around the corner.

God-like: hardly? Well gosh, so closely reasoned there I cannot help but be swayed by your inescapable logic. But fair enough, YOU tell US how you would summarize the US flying missiles down ventilator shafts 30 years ago when Russia cannot hit a runway in six tries last week. If not god-like, then at a very least, "far more competent" would be applicable.

Scared? Moi? It's not my currency that's tanked 50%, it's not my stock exchange that's closed for a week in fear, it's not my foreign currency reserves that have just been seized, it's not my supply of microchips, my sales of crude oil and gas, not my people's ability to buy all the consumer goods my country doesn't make. It's not my country that was forced to make it literally illegal to speak out against the war, or had to arrest 4000 protestors, or that has lost nearly as many soldiers in a week as they lost in Afghanistan in a decade. Maybe you're projecting. Maybe it's you, komrad, who's scared? I'm not scared, I'm stocking up on marshmallows that I'm going to roast over the smoking ruins of Putin's economy.

Retard? Komrad? Are you going to refer to Ukraine as "The Ukraine" now. I am not sure what a komrad is, it must be a phonetic thing.
Not very PC.

Sanctions tend to be two edged sword.
Lets see how everyone's GNP will fair this year with Gas doubling in price, food prices rising and runaway inflation.
All this because of both sanctions and war.

If you have been watching the news you would know that Europe is still getting oil and gas from Russia. Putin has threatened to shut it all down.
What happens then?

Upvote 0
If you don't believe me listen to this description that is some five or so years old. You'll see there is more to the situation than we tend to know about.

Jack
Ukraine is on the other side of the world, so of course most people here know little. To many people stop at the headlines and never get the story from both sides. I prefer to try and read everything I can from both directions.

I started to watch your video, it is over an hour long. It will have to wait till tonight.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
A person can only blame the former so long.
When the blatant lying, stupidity, interference by a former president in foreign policy, and grift stops... well, he stall gets the blame forever. FOR THAT. Most losers keep their mouths shut when they leave. The stupid ones keep blah, blah, blah.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
When the blatant lying, stupidity, interference by a former president in foreign policy, and grift stops... well, he stall gets the blame forever. FOR THAT. Most losers keep their mouths shut when they leave. The stupid ones keep blah, blah, blah.
Maybe if Biden asked him nicely he would call up Putin and ask him to leave Ukraine.

My comment should meet this definition:
"In internet slang, a troll is a person who posts inflammatory, insincere, digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community"

• Haha
Upvote 0

dtaylor

Canon 5Ds
Jul 26, 2011
> Biden lost his bargaining power.

Did anyone HAVE any bargaining power? It seems like Putin's decided to invade no matter what happens, and doesn't care if that end is the economic destruction of his own citizenry. If someone doesn't care about their citizenry, I'd say there IS no bargaining power.
While I concur with much of your post, I believe this is nothing more than a media talking point. Russia has been clear on the point of former Russian states joining NATO since the breakup of the Soviet Union, and their anger over the Donbas civil conflict (war) has also been clear. You take those two things away and there's no chance Putin would have just randomly invaded Ukraine.

> Weak negotiations on our part, and it makes us look weak.

You may not really understand economics and finance and warfare, but there's nothing that looks weak when Biden snaps his fingers and the Ruble falls to record lows, the Russian stock exchange is so afraid of what the losses will be it doesn't even open, of Russia being cut off from over 80% of its foreign reserves.
Soft power is weak in the face of hard power. It may have the desired effect over time, but it simply can't stop tanks and missiles right now. I don't have a finger on the pulse of Russia's economy so I cannot predict if the sanctions will break them or just cause them to pivot to China and be fine in the long run. I can tell you that because of the energy situation in Europe, it's entirely possible for Europeans and Americans to suffer more painful inflation in the short run than Russians living in Russia. It's entirely possible that our people will be screaming for an end to the sanctions before their's do. By shutting down numerous oil and gas projects in America the day he stepped into office, Biden directly undermined our ability to deploy soft power against Russia over the long run. European leaders did the same over time. (German leaders were absolute fools to shut down their nuclear power industry.) Just more foolishness from the most foolish generation of politicians we have ever had.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

Ozarker

CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
I have read this thread too. It is fortunate for humanity that some here spend their time fighting over Dynamic Range rather than being in charge of international politics.
Well, maybe they are speaking of their artillery experience? This website helps me through these tough times. It is refreshing to see the same "experts" with youtube experience in photography, cameras and lenses they've never touched, etc., are able to also let us know how to solve the world's geopolitical problems if only they were in charge. Such dynamic minds. Who knew the intricacies of international intrigue are always on full display in yahoo news, info wars, twitter, or any other completely and publically accessible websites. With those sources, we're all experts. /s/s/s Kinda like lawyers under billion dollar lawsuits and threat of disbarment for spreading BS. Could Rudy's landscaping speech have been a hint about what he's spreading? ;)

Upvote 0

Ozarker

CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
It is nice to see that there are some people who understand the current situation. The roots of this crisis is much deeper and has much longer history than most people watching and believing CNN and other such media could imagine, when all russian information sources and medias are blocked in western media space.

History of this story is more than several centuries.

It is a long "Big Game" of British Empire and later US against Russia in general as Russia was all the time was considered as the only country and nation that could withstand their "right" and power to govern the world as the "world owners".

And all the time they tried to use "proxies" as Russia could have strong response - not like Yugoslavia bombed by NATO or later Iraq where US and NATO allies killed more than 400,000 ( just think of that !!!) innocent civilians and creating ISIS as result, or later Libia totaly destroyed by US and NATO.

And all that was All Right for Western World !!!! Nobody was shouting or putting sunctions on US and NATO countries !!! Ask about that people in the whole Arabia - what they think, I talked with a lot of them and I know this well.

UK tried to bite Crimea off Russia in 19 Century during UK-Russia Crimea War, but failed, and then never tried again to get into direct conflict with Russia. Before Second World War British PM was conducting secret negotiations with Hitler thinking that he could help to destroy Russia. Result of this was catastrophic for the whole world. After WWII British PM developed "Operation Unthinkable" - basically plan of WWIII against Russia planned on July 1,1945 but after carefull concideration this plan was put on shelf.

And then NATO was created and then later it transforned to the instrument of control and occupationof Europe by US.

Next attempt was putting US Pershing misiles in Europe against Russia and then we had Carribian crisis when USSR in return brought their missiles to Cuba. Thanks to president Kennedy this crisis was peacefully resolved. Possibly some group of mighty people in US was not happy about this ( he was more indepenant from them than he should be) and then he was killed.

Now situation was almost the same, US and NATO was using Ukraine as proxy to put threat on Russia and when Russia in December offered mutially beneficial security treaty that was rejected as US was already considering themselves as "Big Boss" of the whole world with Europe occupied by NATO as their subordinates.

So it is total US and NATO failure and responsibility to save peace in Ukraine.

Fo easy understanding here is simple example - what you will do if your next door neighbor bring big canon and aim it at window of your home. First you wil ask to take it away and if this request fails then you have your right to defend you home by any means.

So my suggesstion to all people - do not believe to all fakes, learn history, obtain correct information and think, think and think again
I thought I was done with this thread, but I cannot let this stinking pile of bull crap sit unanswered.

Nations are not households. Every nation has a right to its own military and to defend itself and its borders. Every nation has a right to associate with other nations in military pacts for joint defense.

Putin has no right or legitimate claim to "demilitarize" a neighboring state, no matter how much he may dislike it. Nor, does he have any right to tell a neighboring state that they cannot sign an agreement with other states.

That's a fact and no amount of rationalizations by Putin apologists can change that.

Rationalizing the invasion of one country by another by saying "well others countries have done something similar" takes one down a never ending road. How far back in history would you like to go? Perhaps it all is justified because Rome invaded Gaul?

When the United Nations votes 141-5 to condemn a war, it's time to recognize that you are on the wrong side of history and no matter how much you try to rewrite history that cannot be changed. Russia is the aggressor. It's actions are not justified. It is committing war crimes in Ukraine and it must be condemned for this.

• Love
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
@Neutral, for someone ‘neutral’ your post lists many examples of US and British aggression, but ignores examples of Russian aggression. You intentionally give the impression that Russia is merely responding as the victim of the imperialist ambitions of the United Kingdom and its former colony. Certainly, that’s not historically accurate.

Your closing suggestion is spot on. It would have been nice if you had applied it to your own statements before posting.

Upvote 0
Some interesting information from a quick Google search:
Spending on Military
US $778 Billion
Russia $61.7 Billion
China $252 Billion

GNP (Trillions)
US $21.6
Russia $1.7 (Depending on Source)
China $13.2

Population
US 329 Million
Russia 144 Million
China 1.4 Billion

A quote from Putin:
“America is a great power. Today, probably, the only superpower. We accept that,”

Russia's regular military and strength is usually overstated in the press. They have nuclear capabilities that make them a threat.

Upvote 0
Next attempt was putting US Pershing misiles in Europe against Russia and then we had Carribian crisis when USSR in return brought their missiles to Cuba. Thanks to president Kennedy this crisis was peacefully resolved. Possibly some group of mighty people in US was not happy about this ( he was more indepenant from them than he should be) and then he was killed.
"Peacefully Resolved"??
Just this one conflict is much more complex than you indicate. A little reading and research might be in order.
I think "Forcibly Resolved" with no war might be a better description.

How you are associating your conspiracy theory to this situation and US people doesn't make sense.
You could see you connecting it to Russia.

The real truth of the Kennedy assassination is that you have been told over the years who the players are and who arranged the assassination of Kennedy. But you can not tell which is true because of all the other conspiracy theories that miss direct you. It is the science of disinformation.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Did you actually watch that first video link I posted, the one that is around 5+ years old, the professor? I think not. There is a very complex history that has many nuances. In no way am I a fan of Putin or what Russia is presently doing but neither do I believe the west has no blame in this. And there is a strong religious context as well, not unlike many wars throughout history..

Jack
I did. The history may be complex, but the current war is not. Ukraine is an independent country which like all countries has the right to defend itself and to associate with other countries, including through mutual defense alliances. Russia, no matter how paranoid their leader may be, does not have the right to dictate to another country whether or not they can defend themselves and does not have the right to determine whether or not another country joins a military alliance.

Understanding a perspective is no excuse for being an apologist. I can understand Hitler. I can understand Robert E. Lee. I can understand Custer. But, I can at the same time have a moral compass that knows right from wrong and know they were wrong.

Upvote 0
Understanding a perspective is no excuse for being an apologist. I can understand Hitler. I can understand Robert E. Lee. I can understand Custer. But, I can at the same time have a moral compass that knows right from wrong and know they were wrong.
The first is a genocidal maniac who in defeat committed suicide.
The second is a general on the wrong side of a cause, and who was pardoned by those he fought against.
The last is a butcher that for years was glorified in books in public schools and was killed by those he persecuted.

How does Putin fit in to this group.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
The first is a genocidal maniac who in defeat committed suicide.
The second is a general on the wrong side of a cause, and who was pardoned by those he fought against.
The last is a butcher that for years was glorified in books in public schools and was killed by those he persecuted.

How does Putin fit in to this group.

The second was actually a avowed racist who committed treason against his own country.

Putin arranged the murder and attempted murder of innocent countrymen through fake terrorist attacks in order to boost his own political career. He has arranged the murder and attempted murder of political opponents. He is a war criminal who has a record of using banned weapons against civilian populations. And, he has now declared war on a independent nation without any provocation, where he is continuing to commit war crimes using banned weapons and attacking noncombatants, including children and expectant mothers. He fits very nicely with the three examples I mentioned.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
The second was actually a avowed racist who committed treason against his own country.

Putin arranged the murder and attempted murder of innocent countrymen through fake terrorist attacks in order to boost his own political career. He has arranged the murder and attempted murder of political opponents. He is a war criminal who has a record of using banned weapons against civilian populations. And, he has now declared war on a independent nation without any provocation, where he is continuing to commit war crimes using banned weapons and attacking noncombatants, including children and expectant mothers. He fits very nicely with the three examples I mentioned.
There were avowed racist on both sides of the conflict, an over simplification of the conflict is that it was about ownership of a people.
As is often the case, the war was about money. The stench of slavery was removed as a side issue by the war from the country, but the smell still lingers.
If your logic holds then most of the Union and Confederate army belong on that list.

However 1 and 3 certainly do belong on the list. They ended up dying as they lived.

"now declared war on a independent nation without any provocation"
Looking at both sides of the issue, was there truly no provocation by NATO?
Supplying weapons to fight your neighbor, is it provocation?

Upvote 0

unfocused

Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Looking at both sides of the issue, was there truly no provocation by NATO?
Supplying weapons to fight your neighbor, is it provocation?

As I stated earlier, every country has a right to defend itself and to create a military to do so. They also have the right to supply that military with the necessary weapons to do so. So no, it is not a provocation to secure or supply weapons to an independent country for use by that country to defend themselves. In this case, it is utterly ridiculous to suggest that somehow Putin was "provoked" by a much smaller nation that took no action other than to supply its own military and to try to protect its internationally recognized borders.

Upvote 0
You mean like Russia supplying weapons to Belarus? Did NATO invade Belarus?
I will take your word that that happened, I didn't research it. Belarus is a much smaller country and little or no threat when comparing GNP and military spending of the countries.
Possibly their mindset is more like a missiles in Cuba situation, with Ukraine becoming NATO's Cuba?

Upvote 0
I'm looking forward to the ownership (and management) of this site settling down for a number of reasons, including the hope that future threads like this one would be put out of their misery in a more timely fashion.
I thought it would be locked long ago. Keep in mind we are free to not read a thread.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.