Deal of the Day: Datacolor Spyder-Lens-Cal Autofocus Calibration Aid $30 (Reg $69)

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Last edited:
Nov 12, 2016
I don't think this is useful for mirrorless cameras. I don't even think the R or the R5 have AF micro adjustments in their menus. I know the Sony A7III had it when I briefly owned that camera, but I don't know what the point was. I was always under the impression that the point of AF micro adjustments was to correct for small misalignments between the image sensor and the AF sensor. But when the image sensor is the AF sensor, well I don't think there's any point any more.

This software is probably on sale because it's quickly going obsolete. ;)

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
I don't think this is useful for mirrorless cameras. I don't even think the R or the R5 have AF micro adjustments in their menus. I know the Sony A7III had it when I briefly owned that camera, but I don't know what the point was. I was always under the impression that the point of AF micro adjustments was to correct for small misalignments between the image sensor and the AF sensor. But when the image sensor is the AF sensor, well I don't think there's any point any more.

This software is probably on sale because it's quickly going obsolete. ;)

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking....that this item may be going obsolete in the near future...

C

Upvote 0