Deciding on an upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
mbhart19 said:
Hello everyone, I currently have a Rebel XS that I've had since Nov 09. I have the kit lens (18-55) that came with it as well as the 50mm 1.8. The thing I dislike most about it is it's inability to AF in low light. I mainly shoot pics of my 3 & 4 year olds as well as random stuff for friends and family when they need it. I am considering upgrading to the 7d or the 5d m2 but I don't really know if the 5d is going to be more camera than I really need. I do shoot in manual mode and feel that I've outgrown the capabilities of my XS and crave a camera with better ISO features. Sorry if I sound ignorant but what are the most obvious things I will notice going from a crop sensor to full frame, should I choose to go with the 5d? Thanks! Mandy

You won't get a big jump in ISO performance by switching to a different crop body, so full frame is your best choice for a body upgrade (especially for what you're shooting). Sensor technology doesn't move that fast (esp ISO performance).

As other no doubt will suggest, upgrading your lenses will help you produce good results.

If you wanted a cheaper option than the 5DII, there's also the 5D classic. Either of those cameras will produce excellent results (but not with your current lenses. Upgrade those first.)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.