Diffraction, MP and the great beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a guy who, a long, long, long time ago, spent 600eur on a 1GB CF card

I'm buying a CF card next week, and I'm choosing between two transcend 133x cards: 16GB for 34eur, or 32GB for 58eur
http://www.alternate.es/html/product/Sticks_y_memorias_CompactFlash_I/Transcend/Tarjeta_CompactFlash/235247/?tn=HARDWARE&l1=Tarjetas+de+memoria&l2=CompactFlash+I
http://www.alternate.es/html/product/Sticks_y_memorias_CompactFlash_I/Transcend/CompactFlash_Card/266453/?tn=HARDWARE&l1=Tarjetas+de+memoria&l2=CompactFlash+I

there's a lot of things you need in order to take pictures, along with your camera and lenses; just go with it and be glad that they're getting cheaper and better by the minute

Upvote 0
The argument that about prices aren't all that valid since you can pick up drives and cards for a song and a dance now. I understand you don't want to have to upgrade, to each their own, but as a previous person said about consumable goods and photography, that has always been a part of photography and still is. Regarding not needing it, I don't know about your needs and business motto, if your professional, amateur, or a hobbyist, however I know with my clients, I constantly try to keep on top of trends so I can always offer my clients anything they can ask for so I never have to tell them, sorry I can't do that...

I know my needs aren't your needs however with the increasing quality of tools, why fight it and embrace it? For all you know if you primarily sell 8x10's you can start pitching 11x14, 16x20 or larger and make even more money than before. All the costs would be recouped and you can be more profitable. I may be wrong but I don't see that as a bad thing.

J. McCabe said:
awinphoto said:
J McCabe, i understand your frustration about the cost of computer equipment and camera gear. Heck, at my firm, when i am requesting new gear and or computers I practically got to write entire proposals just to get the budget approved for the gear. It gets even harder at home trying to convince my wife, but, at the end of the day, this is a very exciting time to be a photographer and in technology. ... 5 years ago a 1 gig CF card almost cost me close to $100, now I can pick up that same one off of ebay or any other retailers for maybe $10-15. Things are getting cheaper but more expensive at the same time. I understand its tough to keep up with costs and expanding technology, to fight it, it's almost futile.

The point is 1GB CF cards are going very quickly the way of the 3.5" floppies, and one of the reasons is resolution getting higher and higher.

awinphoto said:
but for me, professionally

My needs, professionaly, differ.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.