Do Canon lenses go down in price for the holidays?

I am new to photography. I make artisan jewelry and needed to upgrade an old camera to a newer one to take product photos. I bought a nice lens RF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM for this and it works great, now I have my eye on a Canon RF 24-105 mm f/4L IS USM I am interested in a multipurpose lens. I have seen them go for $1,180 US dollars and up.

My question: Is it a good idea to wait for the holiday specials (if any) or just buy now? Will it even make a difference in price?

I thought some of you experienced photographers would know better. I don't mind buying refurbished.
I am not even sure if there is such a thing as a Canon lens discount for holiday specials so I thought I'd ask.

Thank you, any help is appreciated Angel from The Bay

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 21, 2010
I am new to photography. I make artisan jewelry and needed to upgrade an old camera to a newer one to take product photos. I bought a nice lens RF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM for this and it works great, now I have my eye on a Canon RF 24-105 mm f/4L IS USM I am interested in a multipurpose lens. I have seen them go for $1,180 US dollars and up.

My question: Is it a good idea to wait for the holiday specials (if any) or just buy now? Will it even make a difference in price?

I thought some of you experienced photographers would know better. I don't mind buying refurbished.
I am not even sure if there is such a thing as a Canon lens discount for holiday specials so I thought I'd ask.

Thank you, any help is appreciated Angel from The Bay
Check out CPW. You can set target price alerts, they have some good street prices, too.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0