DPReview and DxOMark to partner for lens testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mt Spokane Photography said:
Occasionally, someone who is banned gets another IP, user name, and e-mail and starts posting again, however, a range of IP's can be banned as well.
I do not agree that a web site should just ignore abusers, spammers, etc because they occasionally come back with a new account.

Agreed. Glad someone who knows about IP address filtering entered the room.

Upvote 0
distant.star said:
The state of objective journalism in the photography equipment world is pathetic when one guy on this forum and a guy running a rental house are the only real authorities you can trust.

Agreed. I quite enjoy Roger and his entire lack of brand loyalty. Some of the better quotes I've seen:

Sigma 300-800: “A perfect lens for surveillance use, its stealth black finish is unobtrusive and easily concealed.”
OK, let me get this straight: the lens weighs 13 pounds, is nearly 3 feet long with the hood mounted, and has a front element the size of a dinner plate. But by painting it black, it’s now “ unobtrusive and easily concealed”. If you mount it as a gun on a battleship, maybe.

Do you know the difference between a fairy tale and a Southern fairy tale? Well, a fairy tale starts “once upon a time.” A Southern fairy tale starts “Y’all aint gonna believe this S#@t!”. The 300mm f/2.8L IS is the Southern fairy tale of camera lenses.

One effective technique to get some room when you’re at a crowded airshow: set the 600 vertically with the hood end on the ground, get a serious look on your face, and announce loudly “you folks should step back from the blast area before we launch this”.[/b]

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Promature said:
Mt Spokane Photography said:
Occasionally, someone who is banned gets another IP, user name, and e-mail and starts posting again, however, a range of IP's can be banned as well.
I do not agree that a web site should just ignore abusers, spammers, etc because they occasionally come back with a new account.

Agreed. Glad someone who knows about IP address filtering entered the room.
There are issues with IP filtering, I just do not mention them, enough trolls know how to work the system already without giving a tutorial.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.