EOS 1 N help.... Yeah, I know..

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
I just picked one up MINT on eBay and now, I have noticed that I can not see the focus points on the focus screen or the red dots.. well, if I put my hand over the lens to make it dark I can see a faint red blob. I can get auto focus, and the focus beep and green confirmation dot. What could be the problem??
I have the 1n too, and it sounds like you have custom function 10 enabled. Open door on camera side, press the CF button, scroll to 10 and if it is set at 1, reset it back to 0.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
I have the 1n too, and it sounds like you have custom function 10 enabled. Open door on camera side, press the CF button, scroll to 10 and if it is set at 1, reset it back to 0.
Well, it's set to 0 and I tried resetting and still nothing.
Do you think it could be cheap batteries. I was in a hurry and bought some at a dollar tree. Panasonic cheapies.

Upvote 0

Sporgon

CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Well, it's set to 0 and I tried resetting and still nothing.
Do you think it could be cheap batteries. I was in a hurry and bought some at a dollar tree. Panasonic cheapies.
Hmmm....sounds like the LCD that creates the AF points on the focusing screen has failed. I doubt it's to do with batteries as power consumption for this is minute.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Sporgon

CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Ok, does yours have 5 black squares where the focus points are? Mine is just clear.
Yes, they are reflected onto the focusing screen via another, fixed screen which is above the focusing screen, they are not etched into the screen itself. It looks like on yours the LCD display is not working. :(
Not a common fault as far as I'm aware.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Yes, they are reflected onto the focusing screen via another, fixed screen which is above the focusing screen, they are not etched into the screen itself. It looks like on yours the LCD display is not working. :(
Not a common fault as far as I'm aware.
Ok, I am in the process of returning the camera. It was purchased off of eBay. This is my first time using eBay and not sure how returns are handled. I'm sure it should go good, I hope. I will buy another another, I love the camera.

Upvote 0

Sporgon

CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Ok, I am in the process of returning the camera. It was purchased off of eBay. This is my first time using eBay and not sure how returns are handled. I'm sure it should go good, I hope. I will buy another another, I love the camera.
Probably best thing to do. There seem to be loads of good ones out there. Personally I’d be inclined to try and get a mint one that doesn’t have the HS pack. It will most probably have had an easier life.

Upvote 0