EOS-1D X & EOS 5D Mark III Replacements in 2015 [CR1]

May 31, 2011
vscd said:
Yepp, the samyang 14mm lens is a hell of a lens for the price. Sharp and nice build. Just the barreldistortion is really strong. So don't try to make architectural pictures with it, at least no on film ;)

I guess I could try and fix it in post... but I just bought a 17-40 today for a song... I may wind up reselling it... but certainly if I keep it, the difference between 14 and 17 may be significant, but not to me.

Upvote 0
May 31, 2011
dilbert said:
jdramirez said:
vscd said:
Yepp, the samyang 14mm lens is a hell of a lens for the price. Sharp and nice build. Just the barreldistortion is really strong. So don't try to make architectural pictures with it, at least no on film ;)

I guess I could try and fix it in post... but I just bought a 17-40 today for a song... I may wind up reselling it... but certainly if I keep it, the difference between 14 and 17 may be significant, but not to me.

You bought it for a song because the 16-35/f4L IS has pretty much made it obsolete - especially for FF. It is now quite clearly a second rate lens when compared with its newer cousin.

I'm aware, but I'm not a wide angle guy... and if you can find me a 16-35 f4L for five hundy, I'll jump all over that.

Upvote 0