EOS R5 and R6 Viewfinder blackout

Messing around learning and tweaking the AF on the Canon R5. I cannot get over how far it’s come from the R. For BIF it’s every bit as good if not better then the 1DXIII. View attachment 191783

Canon EOS R5 with 600III+1.4 extender and EF to RF mount.
1/400
That's a really great shot Joe - love the panning too. More shots like this are what Canon need to persuade any doubts about the R5 - at leas as a stills tool.
Well done.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jun 25, 2012
Canada
The R5 is an absolute monster. The bird AF / bird eye AF never looses the subject even in continuous+. Had herons and egrets flying by at 600mm and it didn't miss eye focus on any shot. Blackout was non-existent enough to easily keep the subject in the frame.

I'm just a hobbyist, but this camera feels like cheating.

Ti4HptC.jpg

Great shot! Was that with the mechanical shutter or electronic shutter?

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
@ Pug,

PLEASE tell me how you managed to set the M-Fn button to toggle the display screen on & off. I can't see a way to do customize the M-Fn button except the choose the selectable features that are visible...
There is a screen off option that can be assigned to a button, but I don't know for sure what it does since I don't have a camera yet. Can you try it and report back as to what it actually does?

Its the last item

customize buttons.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0