"Ever Free" Shows off Some Canon EOS C300 Mark II Footage

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3n7FpIcYpj0" width="728" height="409" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe></p>
<p>As we get closer to the ship date for the EOS C300 Mark II, we should start seeing a lot more video footage from the brand new Cinema EOS camera. Be sure to head directly to youtube and watch this video in 4K if your monitor supports the higher resolution.</p>
<p>You can also watch the behind the scenes footage <a href="https://youtu.be/7iTDSOrYgDg" target="_blank">here</a>.</p>
<p><strong>Preorder: <a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1134579-REG/canon_0635c002_eos_c300_mark_ii.html/BI/2466/KBID/3296" target="_blank">Canon EOS C300 Mark II EF $15999</a> | <a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1134580-REG/canon_0635c009_c300_markii_cinema_eos.html/BI/2466/KBID/3296" target="_blank">Canon EOS C300 Mark II PL $15999</a></strong></p>
<p><em>Video Credit // <span class="s1">Yosh Enatsu</span></em></p>

Dec 21, 2010
Re: \

Despite all the heat/hate Canon gets for not improving their sensor technology, their cameras continue to dominate a large portion of the DSLR market and the C series has a good foothold in the pro documentary segment. While I agree that Canon really needs to step up their sensors to catch Sony, who I honestly believe is two laps ahead, people often forget that the sensor is not the only thing that matters (albeit an important one). As of now, Canon has a sizable advantage in lenses, which Sony doesn't even pretend to manufacture; Zeiss makes them, and only the really expensive ones are worthy of the Zeiss name. The "average" lenses are nearly identical to the Canikon counterparts.

For the record I own both Canon (still) and Sony (video) cameras so I'm not siding with anyone. I merely see the technology as it is and choose which ones help me most in certain situations. I would not take photos with my Sony cameras and would not take video with my Canon cameras if I could help it.

Upvote 0
Jul 20, 2010

Hi,
clicstudio said:
$16K for that crappy dynamic range? The sky was totally white, and her white dress was clipping as well.
Not very impressive.
When are people going to get that better DR is the way to go?
Just my opinion
When you shoot into the sun and expose for the backlited subject, just wonder which camera won't clip the sky??

By the way, the dress doesn't look white to me... ::)

Have a nice day.

Upvote 0
Apr 29, 2012

sanj said:
Maybe because it is compressed but the video is full or artifacts. And DR is not impressive.

OMG YouTube video has compression artifacts. Clearly it means the camera is shit.

clicstudio said:
$16K for that crappy dynamic range? The sky was totally white, and her white dress was clipping as well.
Not very impressive.
When are people going to get that better DR is the way to go?
Just my opinion

Yeah awful camera with only 15 stops of dynamic range. Clearly unusable. Go back to your A6000 I'm sure it's a much better video camera and will see far more usage on high budget drama.

Just my opinion but get back under your bridge.

Upvote 0

I prefer to download the video and watch as it eliminates any streaming issues (my end or theirs). The dress is cream, there are what I would hope are compression artefacts, and the bleached sky may not be DR it may be a combination of compression and the direction shot in. Shooting towards the sun (visible or not) bleaches the sky....

Would be interested in knowing what the 4k copy is like as I'm waiting for windows 10 before taking the plunge on a Dell 4k (Win 7 not good with scaling, and only just trialling 10 on my laptop)...

Upvote 0

Gentlemen: Let's stop acting like weeping children. :'(

I saw no poor DR in this video, but only the very compression artifacts Youtube.
The sky was white? His eyes would have seen a different color in the sky, with the sun in the background? 8)

You do not know that cinema uses reflectors and hitters to get nice shadows? Will digital cinema cameras from other manufacturers have banned the use of reflectors hitters? ::)

Canonrumors has become a place of murmurs and cries of frustrated people. :-\ People do not want to apply the lighting techniques known a century ago, and want a magic camera to take away your sloppy technique. :-X

Upvote 0