Fake: Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III and It Shoots 4K

Jun 17, 2012
China
Re: Leaked: Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III and It Shoots 4K

This is obviously a photoshoped image. The font on the lens is not the Canon modern style. See the attached official font of the Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM. This font should be the “Frutiger” or “Frutiger Next”. The “MARKIII” of the photoshoped image also should be “Mark III”.

The right font display may be like this:

Attachments

• psb.jpg
    psb.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 224
  • QQ图片20180120090848.png
    QQ图片20180120090848.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 239
Upvote 0

Strange observations:
  • waste bin and play button are white - aren't they blue on all canon cameras (my last compact was a S90 and it has the same color design) ?
  • is it a 3:4 screen? - Mustn't be bad and sometimes I wish a 3:4 TV / monitor back

Upvote 0

freejay

CR Pro
Feb 3, 2015

I'll tell you why this is a fake. You don't even have to look at the pictures of this 3D model (probably created by a young ambitious but unexperienced and very wishful designer):

Only look at the first spec in the list: 4k 50p (or 60p depending on country).

Only a hand full of cameras do provide more than 25p/30p (4k) in camera these days. So it's totally, absolutely unlikely that the G7X will do...

But I really wouldn't mind if you prove me wrong! ;D

Upvote 0

If the rumor is true then it will be a little great camera. I had an Oly XZ-2 for a few years until two summers ago when i damaged it when travelling due to salt watter. The Oly was a great little camera , i carried it everywere when i did't want to take my 6kg dslr camera bag with me, it took verry decent pictures for something that small and this new Canon looks like a good replacement. I looked verry long last black friday at a RX 100 V because it was 899$ , but lack of touch screen , lack of a decent grip (at that kind of money i wanted one included, not to pay extra) , lack of a decent battery and lack of manual controls kept me from buying it. Now i'm having high hopes for Canon G5 x II , i really , really hope Canon delivers(make it a G7X III with a viewfinder, more manual controls, great af , decent battery , new sensor and 4k and i'll buy it instantly if it's around 800-900$) , overwise i'll just wait for a few months for RX 100 VI and Panasonic LX200 ... :)

Upvote 0

https://www.cinema5d.com/panasonic-gh5-firmware-2-0-6k-43-anamorphic-and-hlg/

6K Anamorphic Mode
“High Resolution Anamorphic Mode” records video with a 4:3 aspect ratio suitable for 1.33x and 2x anamorphic lenses.
The “6K” pixel size for this mode is 4992×3744.

Close enough

Upvote 0

RayValdez360 said:
rrcphoto said:
canonic said:
4K video 50P

This is a typo, right?!

why would you think so? look at the second image.

He might be American. We are used to seeing 60p not 50p

... or, i can't simple belive that Canon is jumping from Full HD to the 4K with 50/60 frame rates. At least not for such a low camera. A 4K should be there these days but if so, i expect a 4k with 24/25/30 frame rates and a bad compression. This is more suitable to Canon.

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013

mistaspeedy said:
https://www.cinema5d.com/panasonic-gh5-firmware-2-0-6k-43-anamorphic-and-hlg/

6K Anamorphic Mode
“High Resolution Anamorphic Mode” records video with a 4:3 aspect ratio suitable for 1.33x and 2x anamorphic lenses.
The “6K” pixel size for this mode is 4992×3744.

Close enough

ah i missed that. still though I find it weird expecting the same features on a $800 compact as you do a $2000 ILC.

not to mention, not even the "legendary" RX100's offer 4K recording for more than 5 minutes.

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013

canonic said:
... or, i can't simple belive that Canon is jumping from Full HD to the 4K with 50/60 frame rates. At least not for such a low camera. A 4K should be there these days but if so, i expect a 4k with 24/25/30 frame rates and a bad compression. This is more suitable to Canon.

has more to do with what DIGIC will support than anything. Canon's kind of limited by their choice of DSP's.

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011

rrcphoto said:
AvTvM said:
Canon Rumors said:
<p>It looks like a fresh new design for what I think is Canon’s best G series PowerShot.</p>

YES. YES. YES. Finally no ugly duckling with butt-ugly pseudo prism bump on top! No retro-cr*ap like Fuji. Not bloated. Clean slate! I like.

what are you smoking over there in the AvTvM Universe? the G7X's never had a bump on top and where always clean / not bloated looking.

1. please refrain from ad-hominem attacks like the one above.
2. nowhere in my post was i referring to previous models of G7X. I know, what they look like. My comment re. ugly duckling with bump on top refers to other Canon models - Powershots as well as EOS M5.

Quite ironic, that the excellent design presented here is likely turning out to be "fake" ... Canon will probably come up with another ugly ducking. And definitely no USB-C connector or USB 3.1 gen 2.. .because those components could cost 1 cent more in production and buyers shall just swallow what "innovative, stupid Canon" builds for them. Even if it is outdated by 5+ years already. :p

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013

AvTvM said:
rrcphoto said:
AvTvM said:
Canon Rumors said:
<p>It looks like a fresh new design for what I think is Canon’s best G series PowerShot.</p>

YES. YES. YES. Finally no ugly duckling with butt-ugly pseudo prism bump on top! No retro-cr*ap like Fuji. Not bloated. Clean slate! I like.

what are you smoking over there in the AvTvM Universe? the G7X's never had a bump on top and where always clean / not bloated looking.

1. please refrain from ad-hominem attacks like the one above.
2. nowhere in my post was i referring to previous models of G7X. I know, what they look like. My comment re. ugly duckling with bump on top refers to other Canon models - Powershots as well as EOS M5.

Quite ironic, that the excellent design presented here is likely turning out to be "fake" ... Canon will probably come up with another ugly ducking. And definitely no USB-C connector or USB 3.1 gen 2.. .because those components could cost 1 cent more in production and buyers shall just swallow what "innovative, stupid Canon" builds for them. Even if it is outdated by 5+ years already. :p

1. yawn.

2. this entire thread is about the G7X, the comment you replied to was with respects to a G7X rumor. you didn't articulate clearly, my problem? nope.

USB-C gen 3.1,etc would be tied to DIGIC development, and not "cost a few cents"

do you really and honestly have this working theory that it's just the connector that determines the bandwidth of USB?

Upvote 0