Firmware 1.6.0

HikeBike

R6
CR Pro
Feb 6, 2019
Maryland, USA
Firmware 1.6.0 has been posted for the R5 and R6.

R5 Release Notes:
Firmware Version 1.6.0 incorporates the following enhancements and fixes:
1. Adds [Auto Power Off Temp.: Standard/High] to the menu for movie recording. When [High] is selected, the camera will not automatically turn off when the temperature of the camera body and card become high, which may allow for longer movie recording than before, depending on the shooting conditions. Note that the temperature of the bottom surface of the camera may increase at this time.
2. Adds the ability to convert multiple HEIF images into multiple JPEG images.
3. Enhances the performance of "Movie Digital IS". It stabilizes the image when taking selfies or walking shots using a wide-angle lens.
4. Fixes minor issues.

R6 Release Notes:
Firmware Version 1.6.0 incorporates the following enhancements and fixes:
1. Adds the ability to convert multiple HEIF images into multiple JPEG images.
2. Enhances the performance of "Movie Digital IS". It stabilizes the image when taking selfies or walking shots using a wide-angle lens.
3. Fixes minor issues.

Reactions: 1 user

candyman

R6, R8, M6 II, M5
Sep 27, 2011
www.flickr.com
3. Enhances the performance of "Movie Digital IS". It stabilizes the image when taking selfies or walking shots using a wide-angle lens.

This is interesting for the user of the RF 16mm f/2.8 STM. The RF16mm has been criticized for undesirable wobbles on the edges during vlogging when walking. I'm curious how well the firmware solved this.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands

This is interesting for the user of the RF 16mm f/2.8 STM. The RF16mm has been criticized for undesirable wobbles on the edges during vlogging when walking. I'm curious how well the firmware solved this.
Every UWA lens will show those wobbles in the corners, it’s caused by IBIS tilting the sensor, which changes the plane of focus. On UWA this is very noticeable, on normal and tele lenses not so much.
I do wish for an option to disable this tilting and keep only shift and rotation.

Upvote 0

HikeBike

R6
CR Pro
Feb 6, 2019
Maryland, USA

I thought the same thing. I have the RF 16mm, and am looking forward to seeing how well it works.

Upvote 0