Firmware: Canon Cinema EOS C200/C200B v1.0.5.1.00

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon has released new firmware for the Cinema EOS C200/C200B camera.
Firmware Version 1.0.5.1.00 incorporates the following enhancements and fixes:

A Continuous Recording function has been added allowing for nonstop recording.*1
Peripheral illumination / chromatic aberration correction has been added for the following lenses:

EF Cinema Lens: CN-E20mm T1.5 L F
EF Lens: EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II USM

For LUTs that can be applied to output footage, official support for the ITU-R BT.2100 standard and ITU-R BT.2408 report have been added for the following terminals:.

SDI terminal
HDMI OUT terminal

Changes have been made so that the [HDR: PQ] and [HDR: HLG] base luminance corresponds to Diffuse White (100%) being 203nits*2.
Support for the [Reset] function that resets the clip number when the reel number is set, has been added.
When using an assignable button, the White Balance setting will be maintained after the power has been turned off.
Fixes a phenomenon that occurs on...

Continue reading...

About to download and install....but I don't see the important fixes that so many of us have been complaining about for a year now:
  • Frame rate always resets to 59 when changing recording format (instead of remembering last one)
  • No way to turn off the display to save battery
  • Sub record (proxy) and dual record settings aren't remembered when you navigate back to raw or mp4.
This is basic.

Upvote 0

robotfist

Cinematographer/Photographer - Canon C300 III
Oct 23, 2017
Los Angeles
About to download and install....but I don't see the important fixes that so many of us have been complaining about for a year now:
  • Frame rate always resets to 59 when changing recording format (instead of remembering last one)
  • No way to turn off the display to save battery
  • Sub record (proxy) and dual record settings aren't remembered when you navigate back to raw or mp4.
This is basic.

I would kill for any of those fixes.

But Canon doesn't listen to ANYONE.

Upvote 0